Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Recent HOF/Veteran Patch and Autograph Pickups...Scans Galore!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hello Ladies and Gents! I wanted to take a moment to share my recent HOF/Veteran pickups. A couple of these may have been shown already, but I thought it would be neat to show them all together. I gave thanks below to a few friends that helped me out but I also want to give a huge shoutout to Tony @mlballtimegreats for the tremendous deal we just worked out for some of the cards below :)

2012 Prime Cuts Roberto Clemente nicknames jersey 4/25:
march21.jpg

2005 Timeless Treasures Brooks Robinson dual wool patch/bat 1/5:

brooks1.jpg

2004 Fleer Greats Warren Spahn wool patch 3/25:
patch5.jpg

2011 Prime Cuts Tommy Henrich quad wool patch 5/5:
henrich1.jpg

2008 Donruss Threads Casey Stengel wool patch 5/10 - HUGE thanks to [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] for the great deal!
today9a.jpg

2008 Premier Stan Musial dual wool patch 11/16:

patch4.jpg

2001 Leaf Certified Materials Hank Aaron numbers patch SP'd /44:
patch2.jpg
patch3.jpg

2004 Prime Cuts Roberto Clemente dual patch/bat 3/25 - HUGE thanks to [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] for the great deal!
march26.jpg
march27.jpg

2004 Prime Cuts Ted Williams wool patch 8/9:

patch1.jpg

2002 Topps Finest Lou Brock autograph:
today13.jpg

1982 Topps Pete Rose autograph - HUGE thanks to [MENTION=1934]steve-a-reno[/MENTION] for the kind gift!
march25.jpg

1992 Classic Best Nolan Ryan on card autograph 1895/3100 - HUGE thanks to [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] for the great gift!
nolan2.jpg
nolan3.jpg

2001 Topps Hank Aaron autograph:
hank1.jpg
hank2.jpg

And the Big Kahuna...

2005 Fleer Buyback 1959 Ted Williams on card autograph 1/1:
TedWilliamsAuto1of1.jpg
TedWilliamsAutoauthenticity.jpg

I am more than proud to get my PC to the point it is currently at and I could not have done it without the great friends I have made around here :) Let me know what you think as comments are always greatly appreciated and thanks so much for taking the time to look!

Alex

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
On the fast track to having many collectors jealous of his HOF stash.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
My wiener fell off, especially with that Teddy Ballgame auto ... :shock:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Love the Prime Cuts Williams & Clemente. Auto is sweet too. I'm looking to move a lot of my retired gu - check out my bucket. I did give Tony first shot because he has some cards I need. Congrats on the pickups.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Love the Prime Cuts Williams & Clemente. Auto is sweet too. I'm looking to move a lot of my retired gu - check out my bucket. I did give Tony first shot because he has some cards I need. Congrats on the pickups.

(wow!) some great stuff in there

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
That Spahn is nasty.

Funny on the 2001 FOTG patches. I have 2 Eddie Mathews patches the regular century #d to 21 with a holographic leaf logo and a jersey number version not numbered with a regular leaf logo (like your Aaron). Weird how one is numbered and one is not I also have a Don Drysdale jersey number version and its the same way.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] - Thanks Mac! Certainly scratches off a large piece of the wantlist.

[MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] - Very much appreciated...and that means A TON coming from you :cool:

[MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] - Thank you and great to please a Mets fan :)

[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] - Thanks Adam! The Ryan will be forever enjoyed. Your steals as of late have been top notch yourself ;)

[MENTION=9032]Bogeysave82[/MENTION] - Thank you! I will definitely miss the Clemente that went to a great home but it was more than worth it.

[MENTION=7126]katieneack[/MENTION] - Thanks for the kind words. I actually have two of those Brocks and the Ted Williams auto is my favorite card at the moment :)

[MENTION=2642]mrwhitesox30[/MENTION] - VERY much appreciated...coming from a collector like yourself I take that with pride :) How has your collection/recent pickups been lately?

[MENTION=3743]55_marlins_sp[/MENTION] - Thanks Dave...and I hope it is detachable so you get it back on ;) With the amount of different PC guys you go for, when are you going to go after a Hall of Famer?

[MENTION=2464]bear0555[/MENTION] - Thanks for your comment and I will check your bucket soon :)

[MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] - Thanks Alex dude and I hope the return home has been smooth.

[MENTION=2958]383astro[/MENTION] - Yeah the 2001 Certified set has some great pieces. I would love to see the Mathews that you have :)

[MENTION=1927]mlbsalltimegreats[/MENTION] - I just realized I misspelled your name when tagging so here you go...Thanks so much for the fun and I can't wait to catch up with you soon :mrgreen:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
@55_marlins_sp - Thanks Dave...and I hope it is detachable so you get it back on ;) With the amount of different PC guys you go for, when are you going to go after a Hall of Famer?

I have a VERY small Bob Gibson PC going. I see other guys (George, Adam, you) with some Gibby acquisitions and that deters me immediately back to the wrestling DVD's, lol.

Members online