Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is your process when you receive a card???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Is that for security or fire protection? I'm hesitant to invest in something like that myself because the lock would draw a burglar's eye and the case probably wouldn't protect the cards in a full-on fire.

I use ones similar to that for the same reason. Doubt it will help much in a worst-case scenario, but it'll help for the everyday things that could happen. I'm in the process of moving most of my stuff into one touches, so I don't know how many will fit, but right now one safe fits quite a bit just in normal top loaders.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Sorry guys. I forgot that I had already done a thread about this 3 months ago.

I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner last night. :)

Nothing to worry about. You are not alone for sure....

1. Open the package
2. Leave feedback if everything is A-Okay
3. Replace the penny sleeve with a new one (even if it arrived in a new one, maybe it's a different size)
4. Scan front and Back
5. Edit, resize, name, etc.
6. Open Excel and verify if it's a 1st copy, 2nd or whatever. Log down serial number and price paid.
7. Send scan to the right folder (by year)
8. Place card in the right box (by year)
9. Save a copy of scan to a thumb drive (by year)
10. Hyperlink scanned card to my Excel list
11. Wait for the next mail day

Am I the only one saving the scans of my cards on a thumb drive? When Beckett was free, they encourage you to post scans of your card on their site. After most (if not all) of us did, they decided to charge us and not even a thank you for your scans, they now belong to them. I don't know about you guys but I spent a heck of a lot of time to scan and post those cards and now I can't access them UNLESS I pay? Thanks a million Beckett. So now, no matter what happens, I will always have a scan in my thumb drive PLUS, I hyperlink the card to my excel list. When in doubt, I click the X on my list and bingo! the card pops up. No need to open this, that and the other to see the card. Open the list, click the X, done....

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Just in case. I wouldn't expect it to hold up in a raging house fire.. But an everyday "life happens" mistake is what I'm aiming to protect from.
Kids, bladder control dogs (I had 200-300sv lost this way) maybe a candle starts up and I can get to it in time.. Not taking that chance

I use ones similar to that for the same reason. Doubt it will help much in a worst-case scenario, but it'll help for the everyday things that could happen. I'm in the process of moving most of my stuff into one touches, so I don't know how many will fit, but right now one safe fits quite a bit just in normal top loaders.

You both are smart to be prepared for the worst (bladder control dogs :D). Do you guys have any suggestions for a specific model or place to buy a nice sized medium safe? I know they can be pretty heavy and shipping charges may make it cheaper to buy in person.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Nothing to worry about. You are not alone for sure....

1. Open the package
2. Leave feedback if everything is A-Okay
3. Replace the penny sleeve with a new one (even if it arrived in a new one, maybe it's a different size)
4. Scan front and Back
5. Edit, resize, name, etc.
6. Open Excel and verify if it's a 1st copy, 2nd or whatever. Log down serial number and price paid.
7. Send scan to the right folder (by year)
8. Place card in the right box (by year)
9. Save a copy of scan to a thumb drive (by year)
10. Hyperlink scanned card to my Excel list
11. Wait for the next mail day

Am I the only one saving the scans of my cards on a thumb drive? When Beckett was free, they encourage you to post scans of your card on their site. After most (if not all) of us did, they decided to charge us and not even a thank you for your scans, they now belong to them. I don't know about you guys but I spent a heck of a lot of time to scan and post those cards and now I can't access them UNLESS I pay? Thanks a million Beckett. So now, no matter what happens, I will always have a scan in my thumb drive PLUS, I hyperlink the card to my excel list. When in doubt, I click the X on my list and bingo! the card pops up. No need to open this, that and the other to see the card. Open the list, click the X, done....

You should look at having your scans on Sports Card Album. You can make albums for each year and your scans are yours. Also, you should check out Zistle. You can upload your scans to the crowdsourced database and really have a cool place to track your collection. Just some thoughts.

Members online

Latest posts