Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Got the last two 1952 Yankee black backs that I needed (unless I later decide to go for the two error versions)
DANNY

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I've been anxiously waiting to post to the vintage thread. I ordered this on 1/2, and it finally arrived after being lost/delayed/whatever back in Massachusetts.

My fifth Brooklyn T-3, and my first horizontal.

Lennox%20medium.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I've been anxiously waiting to post to the vintage thread. I ordered this on 1/2, and it finally arrived after being lost/delayed/whatever back in Massachusetts.

Lennox%20medium.jpg
Great image on that one!!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Lennox%20medium.jpg

Absolutely love it!
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I was inspired by some of our other collectors to get a 1914 B18 Blanket
Jimmy Walsh of New York AL (Yankees/Highlanders)
DANNY

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I was inspired by some of our other collectors to get a 1914 B18 Blanket
Jimmy Walsh of New York AL (Yankees/Highlanders)
DANNY

The guy that sold me my last T3 offered me a couple of Brooklyn B18s for $100 delivered. I have no idea if that's a good value or not, plus I'm not sure they're a good fit for my collection in the first place.

Edit: after a little research, it looks like there are 9 total Brooklyn players in the set (including HOFers Stengel and Wheat), and each player has a blue and green infield variation.

Lovely. I think I'll definitely be passing. Like I need another set to chase.

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The guy that sold me my last T3 offered me a couple of Brooklyn B18s for $100 delivered. I have no idea if that's a good value or not, plus I'm not sure they're a good fit for my collection in the first place.

Edit: after a little research, it looks like there are 9 total Brooklyn players in the set (including HOFers Stengel and Wheat), and each player has a blue and green infield variation.

Lovely. I think I'll definitely be passing. Like I need another set to chase.

The pull may be too much for you! I may try the Yankees!
DANNY

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
The pull may be too much for you! I may try the Yankees!
DANNY
The Yankees checklist doesn't look too intimidating.

Luke Boone
Frank Chance
King Cole
Roy Hartzell
Ray Keating
Fritz Maisel
Roger Peckinpaugh
Jeff Sweeney
Dee Walsh
Jimmy Walsh

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The Yankees checklist doesn't look too intimidating.

Luke Boone
Frank Chance
King Cole
Roy Hartzell
Ray Keating
Fritz Maisel
Roger Peckinpaugh
Jeff Sweeney
Dee Walsh
Jimmy Walsh

Except Chance has a a yellow pennants/blue base path short print version! Still think I will go after them!

DANNY

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Yep - looks like Chance is the only one of your players that has more than the standard green/blue infield variations:

I got the checklist from teamsets4u. Dee Walsh is erroneously listed as a Yankee - he should be in the St. Louis Browns list.

Latest posts