Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
So I just helped my friend start an account selling cards. He sold a lot of 14 cards to someone. Instead of sending them all.in toploaders, he put them in a snaptight case. He put bubble wrap in the case to settle the cards down, and taped it shut. Wrapped that in bubblewrap, and sent it in a bubble mailer. He sold 4 other lots, and got positive feedback from everyone, except 1 guy. This was the message he got from the 1 buyer:

*If you're quick to deal honestly in correcting this situation, I'll consider removing the negatives. Disgusted with being lied to and having my money spent on beat up cards that were mint in the photo all because you decided to try to pull a fast one and remove each from the sleeve and toploader after promising that's how they would ship.

Now, is this feedback extortion?

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I think that the buyer was harsh and to answer the question simply. Yes. Especially if his feedback came before your friend had a chance to correct the issue.

With that being said, if in the description it say going to ship in sleeve and toploader for all the cards. But all the cards were taken out of sleeves and toploaders and shipped together AND they came damaged I would be a little miffed too. I would ask to see a picture of the cards before I made a final verdict though as scammers are rampant.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I did ask for pictures. He seems mad just that he didnt get toploaders. Nobody was trying to pull anything on anyone, just thought it would be easier to ship 21 cards total in a snaptight. Its my fault, as I wrote the description, and told him to use the snaptight. He had them all boxed up in a box, but I told him it would be easier and cheaper for him and the seller to use a snaptight. He did leave the negative, without talking to him as well. Of the other 4 lots he sold, he got positive feedback from all 4

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Can you link the auction Before I take sides?

I dont know how, I would if someone tells me how. But I'm not looking for sides to be taken, just wanted to know if what he said was feedback extortion. But I will link the auction if I know how, no biggie

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I wrote "toploader, pennysleeve, and team bag". I never said individual toploaders. This was his response to me asking what was damaged and for pictures

Dude... you wrote this in both auctions:*
Cards will be shipped securely in a toploader, penny sleeve and team bag.*
Maybe you're as lazy as pizza the hut. Who knows. The bottom line is that you took the cards out of the protective sleeves and holders that you yourself assured they'd be sent in and YES, genius, they WERE damaged. I don't have to send you photos. I've already left 2 negatives and filed the return disputes which I'll win. Your response is so unprofessional and pathetic and shows clearly that you have no integrity.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I wrote "toploader, pennysleeve, and team bag". I never said individual toploaders.

Thats a cop out. I'd wager every single person here would assume toploaders for each card reading your description.

Either way, if they are damaged there's not much you can do. In the future you should be very specific with shipping or not mention it at all and make sure you package very securely.

And he's an ass btw. No reason to talk to strangers like that.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
"Cards will be shipped securely in a toploader, penny sleeve and team bag."

From that and the pics I'd assume they would be sent the way they are in picture tbh.

But he could be trying to take advantage of you as a new seller/account. Not sure why he won't send pics.

Last edited:

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
That's exactly what I think he's trying to do. I just wanted to know if what he said was considered feedback extortion

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
That's a lot of anger over some top loaders. Honest mistake could have been fixed easily and amicably. Whats this jerk's name so we can block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
The guy who won them has 102077 positive feedback! I don't know if there is anything against it but it's 16.00 bucks so I would just refund it and move on and learn from it..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Tell him to send the cards back and that you will refund his money when you get the cards..

If he tells you that he won't contact EBAY and let them know what his is doing..

Let us know his id so we can block him and I'd like to see his id so I can see what type of feedback he leaves..

Is is customary for him to leave negative's?

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
In reading the description, I would expect the cards to come in top loaders. I would have given ample time to resolve the issue before leaving a negative, if it even bothered me (which it wouldn't, unless I paid extra to ship a "heavy" package). I almost always use new sleeves and top loaders (when I use top loads) unless they appear to be brand new and unblemished.

His response was inappropriate as well, but again, he has a pretty solid point about the top loaders in my opinion. Your answer comes across as a bit sketchy (bait & switch). "I only promised this, not that."

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012

From that and the pics I'd assume they would be sent the way they are in picture tbh.

But he could be trying to take advantage of you as a new seller/account. Not sure why he won't send pics.

Probably because he was looking for gem mint cards to send in to get graded to flip later and these cards weren't gem mint by his standards. He can't send pics because they look just like the scans from the auctions. Throwing a fit about something minute like this is his way of being a d!ck and getting away with it because on a technicality it's a SNAD.

Sounds like your friend did send them securely and odds are there's nothing wrong with them at all. I would have to agree though with others, by the scan and your description, I'd expect them to be sent in individual top loaders. Doesn't give someone the right to act that way though.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not a fan of snap tights. They get crushed regardless of bubble wrap. Best to take like a 130 or 180 pt toploader to send them in. I save them when I get them from orders I place exactly for this reason.

Guy sounds like a grouch but the point is if the cards are damaged, he has to send them back and loses return shipping plus his own time and then, if he really wanted the cards, now has to go find more. From a buyer's perspective, this is a PITA and possibly worth a neutral (or worse feedback depending). People assume the response should be "oh, I got a refund or a partial refund, let me leave a positive feedback". But it's not reality because the buyer basically wasted his time because he didn't get what he paid for and this does not equate to a positive experience.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I think he could have handled it better though. Just leaving the neg is kind of strong. Hence why I said the neutral might be more warranted.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
He would have sent him the toploaders. He was buying the cards,.not the toploaders. He didnt look at the auction and say "whooo, 21 toploaders for me!!!" Guys a big seller on ebay. I've bought from him before, and guess what??? He sent me damaged cards and I had to return them for a refund. I left him a positive once I got my refund though. Granted, maybe I worded the description wrong, but I saw absolutely no harm in sending them that way. All I wanted was to know if people on the board thought what he said was feedback extortion, that's it

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX

He won't send pics because there's no damage. Just another irrational, immature, hyper-emotional ********* working hard to make a fun hobby really suck.

Members online