Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jack Morris' new gig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Didn't see this posted yet:
Jack Morris joins Sportsnet as baseball analyst | bluejays.com: News

Jack Morris will be doing colour for the Blue Jays' radio broadcasts plus 20-30 TV broadcasts. Heard him on Prime Time Sports today here in Toronto on FAN590 and was somewhat surprised how well spoken he is. For some reason I expected him to be kind of gruff and not very talkative.

Might try to TTM him this summer.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Jack has been doing Twins games on and off for the past couple of years, so he's no stranger to a microphone. He's not stellar, but he does offer some great perspective on pitching, what goes on in a huddle between the coaches and players on the mound, the mind games on the field and the dugout, etc. You'll like Jack on the radio.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Heard him on Prime Time Sports today here in Toronto on FAN590 and was somewhat surprised how well spoken he is. For some reason I expected him to be kind of gruff and not very talkative.

It's not his first rodeo in broadcasting (I seem to recall he worked for the Twins broadcasting in recent times) so I'd expect he was hired not only because of being an ex-player and the expertise of the game that goes with that but also because he is no stranger to a tv and/or radio booth.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I was hoping Hayhurst would get a chance. I'm ok with Morris on the team. Apparently some Twins fans are happy to see him go. Any reason for this?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Apparently some Twins fans are happy to see him go. Any reason for this?

If that's the case, chances are Morris wasn't a Twins homer. I appreciate more those broadcasters who aren't homers and tell it like it is but the teams hiring them don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts