Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodgers/Giants...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm impressed Jim Johnson and Chris Hatcher had five scoreless innings of relief. What got into the Dodgers bullpen last night? ;)

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm impressed Jim Johnson and Chris Hatcher had five scoreless innings of relief. What got into the Dodgers bullpen last night? ;)

Jim Johnson is incredibly surprising, hes been awful for a while now. Missing Pence, Panik and now Crawford is killing the Giants' offense. Panik is coming back n either colorado or Arizona but a bad back never seems to just get better. That's three of the key players for the Giants both offensively and defensively, if all three are back and healthy soon, this season is ova

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Injuries are a part of the game, especially this time of year. The Dodgers are dealing with their own, specifically Howie Kendrick. He's a HUGE hole in our lineup and infield defense. One can argue that Puig is a hole, but I honestly think that's addition by subtraction. The Giants also have Bochy - he's worth a decent amount of wins over the bumbling fool in the LA dugout. Then there's our "hitting" coach. Because our "hitting" coach is inept, Joc Pederson, who had such a promising season going before the AS break, has steadily regressed - so much so that we're batting our pitcher 8th. Crawford looks lost at times. We suck at situational hitting, moving runners over via a well-placed grounder or getting a ball in the air deep enough to advance the runner(s).

So you see three guys that, when healthy, mean a lot to your lineup. I agree. And I see a hopelessly incompetent manager and a former juicer who can't seem to teach the simple mechanics of hitting - I'd call that a wash, and maybe even favorable to the Giants. At least their role players seem to know what to do most of the time.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Injuries are a part of the game, especially this time of year. The Dodgers are dealing with their own, specifically Howie Kendrick. He's a HUGE hole in our lineup and infield defense. One can argue that Puig is a hole, but I honestly think that's addition by subtraction. The Giants also have Bochy - he's worth a decent amount of wins over the bumbling fool in the LA dugout. Then there's our "hitting" coach. Because our "hitting" coach is inept, Joc Pederson, who had such a promising season going before the AS break, has steadily regressed - so much so that we're batting our pitcher 8th. Crawford looks lost at times. We suck at situational hitting, moving runners over via a well-placed grounder or getting a ball in the air deep enough to advance the runner(s).

So you see three guys that, when healthy, mean a lot to your lineup. I agree. And I see a hopelessly incompetent manager and a former juicer who can't seem to teach the simple mechanics of hitting - I'd call that a wash, and maybe even favorable to the Giants. At least their role players seem to know what to do most of the time.

I dunno how Donny or Mac is there. Much like Matty Williams, Mattingly doesn't seem to have the manager's gene, I guess it just goes to prove catchers make the best managers.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think the only hope the Giants have now is that LA plays the pirates then four at home to finish the year. While I'm a Giants fan, I thought before the series began a sweep ends any hope of the playoffs and I still think that. The offense is not good and even Posey looks worn out. Luckily for me, my number one team, the Yankees have a better outlook on the playoffs!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
lol, Jimmy - don't start the trash talking - how do 3 world series rings taste in the last 5 years, LA?

no one expected the Giants to do anything this year, and I still have a little bit of hope, but the injuries to their key players - Pence, Panik, and Aoki off and on this year have really hurt them. Also their rotation hasn't been good. Right now, their only dependable starters are Leake and Bumgarner. Bochy lets his starters pitch too late into games a lot (Peavy, Vogey), and that has cost them this year.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
lol, Jimmy - don't start the trash talking - how do 3 world series rings taste in the last 5 years, LA?

no one expected the Giants to do anything this year, and I still have a little bit of hope, but the injuries to their key players - Pence, Panik, and Aoki off and on this year have really hurt them. Also their rotation hasn't been good. Right now, their only dependable starters are Leake and Bumgarner. Bochy lets his starters pitch too late into games a lot (Peavy, Vogey), and that has cost them this year.

seeing them win those rings sucks big time. We've depended on 2 starters all year, and a bullpen that is absolutely terrible. Every time we have a lead and go to the bullpen, I hold my breath. Thank God Mattingly left Kershaw in for the 9th. We've also had Puig on the DL half the year, Ryu out all year, Kendrick is on the DL, Turner just off the DL. Hell we just traded for a guy we released in August.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

Pull out the rings and lick them or whatever. It's an odd-numbered year so it means the Giants will miss the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts