Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * September 2018 * End of Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
And there is is....another leadoff home run from Acuna off the very first pitch....traveled 430 feet. Didn't travel as far as some of the other ones but the kid is the king of leadoff jacks!

In high school I was the king of jacking off but I was never celebrated for it :(

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
[MENTION=9071]Enfuego79[/MENTION] brought up a good question in another thread. . . .

"what was your best pull out?"

as the pullout king of Ball State (tm) there are too many to call.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Acuna just missed hitting another one in his second at-bat but settles for a standup double...

Acuna (ROY) 85 Games - .295 avg 23 HR 50 RBI .938 OPS 11 SB (46 XBH, 59 Runs)

In a full season that easily translates into 40+ HR, 90+ RBI, 110+ Runs & roughly 20 SB.....as a 20 year old rookie.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Acuna just missed hitting another one in his second at-bat but settles for a standup double...

Acuna (ROY) 85 Games - .295 avg 23 HR 50 RBI .938 OPS 11 SB (46 XBH, 59 Runs)

In a full season that easily translates into 40+ HR, 90+ RBI, 110+ Runs & roughly 20 SB.....as a 20 year old rookie.

I agree that this kid looks like he will be a monster going forward and he has played consistent over his time this year but it's funny how a lot of the call ups don't translate their pace into a full season, Gary Sanchez, Rhys Hoskins, Matt Olson, in the past couple years all those guys scorched for two months but it's hard to do that over a full campaign after Major league teams put a book together on someone.
He really does look like a stud outfielder though, and his sample size this year is bigger than most of those guys I mentioned, just pointing out the sophomore slump hits more people than it misses.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Gary Sanchez a classic example of a rookie coming up on Taco Del Mar but then getting overconfident and switching to Taco Bell. Never go full retard.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I agree that this kid looks like he will be a monster going forward and he has played consistent over his time this year but it's funny how a lot of the call ups don't translate their pace into a full season, Gary Sanchez, Rhys Hoskins, Matt Olson, in the past couple years all those guys scorched for two months but it's hard to do that over a full campaign after Major league teams put a book together on someone.
He really does look like a stud outfielder though, and his sample size this year is bigger than most of those guys I mentioned, just pointing out the sophomore slump hits more people than it misses.

Oh yeah, never ever pay attention to paces...they're meaningless and impossible to predict. Too many variables.

They're only true when I post them of my favorite players.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The strange part is guys have a sophomore slump due to the other teams "making adjustments" but these adjustments are always throwing more breaking pitches.... which really begs the question why teams throw a ton of fastballs to rookies. :confused: I mean the reason pitchers are still in milb is they cant locate their secondary pitches so you have tons of guys in the minors just throwing great fastballs. . . hence rookie hitters who were just called up from the minors are ready to hit fastballs. This has been happening for years.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
The strange part is guys have a sophomore slump due to the other teams "making adjustments" but these adjustments are always throwing more breaking pitches.... which really begs the question why teams throw a ton of fastballs to rookies. :confused: I mean the reason pitchers are still in milb is they cant locate their secondary pitches so you have tons of guys in the minors just throwing great fastballs. . . hence rookie hitters who were just called up from the minors are ready to hit fastballs. This has been happening for years.
I don't think a bunch of breaking stuff will "solve" acuna. He crushes breaking stuff already.

Members online