Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robinson Cano Signs a 10-Year, $240M Deal With the Mariners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Must really suck for Pujols and Angels fans seeing division rivals getting better, and all the Angels have done is trade for declining players and sign one reliever.Here's to another sorry Angels season.

Lololol. So much hate.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Must really suck for Pujols and Angels fans seeing division rivals getting better, and all the Angels have done is trade for declining players and sign one reliever.Here's to another sorry Angels season.

Must have really sucked for AL West fans seeing the Angels get Pujols in 2012...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Now that the weekend is over does Cano wake up with a screaming headache and think "oh no, did I really do that?"

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
So if the M's are bad and a playoff team comes calling he will block the trade?

There is no way he plays out this contract in Seattle. He will regret it and so will the Mariners front office that signed him when they get canned. Big free agent contracts rarely work out and I can't see this one doing so.

Seattle can have all the prospects in the world but if they don't produce and become quality big leaguers it doesn't matter.

I'm sure Seattle had no desire to trade Cliff Lee but they did.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
There is no way he plays out this contract in Seattle. He will regret it and so will the Mariners front office that signed him when they get canned. Big free agent contracts rarely work out and I can't see this one doing so.

Seattle can have all the prospects in the world but if they don't produce and become quality big leaguers it doesn't matter.

I'm sure Seattle had no desire to trade Cliff Lee but they did.

Yeah, I am a bit sarcastic when it comes to the No-Trade Clause......those are there so the player can choose his fate and not randomly get shipped off to say Houston.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
How much does Jay-Z get out of this deal?

Nice, can't wait for "Dead Presidents III" on his next album.Could even get Cano to dub over Nas on the hook.

Cano - "I'm out for presidents to represent me.Get money!I'm out for dead XXXXin' presidents to represent me.Get money!"

Members online