Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which "worthless" set would you like to own?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Plenty of small box sets like TCMA and Denny's hologram sets.

As for the more common stuff, I thought 1991 O-Pee-Chee Premier was great.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Every couple of years I spend the winter busting and collating cheap 80s sets. Usually sell them off the next summer for some new release. I should really start holding onto them but busting a bunch of late 80s Topps and spending a few freezing January nights sorting stacks is just relaxing somehow. And nostalgic.

To the original question, I'd go with 1991 Fleer Provisions but will change my answer tomorrow

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
All of the 87 sets. I remember when OPC Premier came out in 91. Had a friend offer me a complete box for a beat 83 topps Sandberg. Turned him down. Long story behind that Sandberg and still have it

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
1988 Topps because it was the first set I attempted to complete back when I was 10 years old.
1988 Score, loved the different colored borders.
1990 Topps, must have opened 3 or 4 boxes of the stuff in 1990 and never completed the set, I remember getting two boxes for Christmas and sorting all night long.
1991 Fleer, those piss yellow cards have grown on me over the years.
1991 Leaf because I loved the design.
1994 Fleer Extra Bases, love the photography on the over-sized cards, I have the complete base set just missing some of the inserts.
1996 Leaf Preferred Steal, love the metal cards.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
A weird question I know because any worthless set should be easily obtainable.

But I'll throw it out there.

For me, my all time favorite set is 1987 topps and while I still own a hand set I made as a kid, It would cool imho if I could ever build one with wax stains on back each.

There's zero scarcity of this product but having the set I wrote above would probably be the only one ever assembled, yet even more worthless.

I thought I was the only nutjob that had that idea. I'm sure I could get at least 3/4 of the way there without trying too hard but everytime I start thinking about building an '87 Topps set with wax stains on the back of every card, I come to my senses and talk myself out of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts