Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are some of the nicest IP autographed CARDS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Its tough to beat getting an Allen and Ginter card signed. Here's a little evidence to support that (album links to my 2008 Ginter cards only, but I have plenty more in my TTM/IP folder)
http://s963.photobucket.com/user/clarkzac/library/TTM%20and%20IP%20Autos/2008%20Ginter-%20Not%20For%20Trade?sort=4&page=2

This past summer I opened a box of UD Future Stars and pulled the following card. Once I saw it the thought of getting it signed entered my mind. I sent to Jared Burton first in hopes of getting it returned soon enough to turn around and send it to Josh Hamilton. I'll be getting it finished up next year by sending it to Josh Hamilton and I'll ask for him to sign it in black just to match with Burton's auto even though I'd much prefer a nice blue auto from both
JaredBurton_zpsfc6977b3.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
IMO, Ginter takes it hands down. But 1991 topps, 1990 Leaf, and some of the topps heritage sets look good. But really, I think that's why Ginter wins, because every other card set is pretty much a case by case basis within the set itself. There are some cards that look terrible signed from every set due to the background.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
- Topps/Bowman Heritage - designs without facsimile autos, 2001 Bowman Heritage (below) is my favorite
- 1996/1997 Fleer - no gloss, think paper stock, perfect for autographs
- Pretty much any vintage Topps/Bowman without gloss

DerekJeter.jpg
ShaneSpencer.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
- Topps/Bowman Heritage - designs without facsimile autos, 2001 Bowman Heritage (below) is my favorite
- 1996/1997 Fleer - no gloss, think paper stock, perfect for autographs
- Pretty much any vintage Topps/Bowman without gloss

DerekJeter.jpg
ShaneSpencer.jpg
Somewhere in my collection I have a '96 Bowman in person auto of Spenser. I remember that being a nice sig. Sometimes it does not have to be a brand but a perticular card might have a nice pose or a light spot or a just the right spot for an auto. Little of the card subject but I have a Brosius SI magazine where it is signed up his leg. Perfect place for a sharpie on that white pinstripe background.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Obviously Ginter, Heritage and turkey red are perfect IP cards, but for a little known one, I'll throw out 08 UD, for some reason I always thought they come out nice..
Here's the first example I found

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1389469621.931722.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Believe it or not, Rize cards do well in this category. It sucks that there are no logos or anything.

Anyways, Heritage, Heritage MiLB, Chicle, Gypsy Queen, 1987 Fleer, and of course Ginter are all good.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I have found that just about every set--well, maybe not Upper Deck in their last few years--seems to have a couple cards that look good signed. I know I like to go through COMC trying to pic out Ginter and Heritage cards that look like they would take a nice signature. Making sure that they backround and uniform is muted enough that the autograph pops is the most important thing.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have always been kinda fond of this one...

81fleer.jpg

The old exhibit cards are excellent for autographs too as they are postcard size and display well. Its too bad many of those who were on these types of cards are passing away.

berra001.jpg

dima001.jpg

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I like the Topps Heritage Minor League for IP autographs. I am also liking the 1991 set and the 2001 Fleer Tradition baseball. Good amount of space on the card and not a lot of "junk" borders or graphics

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
This thread should begin and end with this card.

rivera.jpg

One of the most beautiful cards that I have ever seen.

I would seriously take that card signed IP/TTM over any certified Mariano Rivera autograph.

Members online