Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I may be getting a couple nice vintage cards tomorrow so if nobody claims my 2 cards i may switch it to the vintage cards if I get them.
i was going to use this card but it seems everyone is sticking with baseball
TSmith.jpg

They're sweet cards. I'm sure someone will snatch them up

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
[MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] I think we need a little input here, Waulk11 would like to claim my Braun card but I think he has already claimed 2 cards, I have no problem with it but wondered if we should wait to see if anyone who hasnt got a chance to claim a card is interested in any of the cards I posted

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I think we need a little input here, Waulk11 would like to claim my Braun card but I think he has already claimed 2 cards, I have no problem with it but wondered if we should wait to see if anyone who hasnt got a chance to claim a card is interested in any of the cards I posted

I would say let them ride until, so Wednesday night early around 9ish for the left coast crowd. And then if not claimed let him have them, and then he can post something for the coffers

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
Isn't the point of this "pay it forward" thread to help people build there collections? As long as someone is giving back quality cards to the community, then I say let them claim as many as they want. If someone was claiming all the good cards and offering junk in return, then I would understand putting a limit on what they can claim. When someone offers quality cards in return for quality cards, then I can only see it helping this thread.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I don't see the big deal in him claiming as many cards as he wants to claim and why our opinions on it matter?
I thought it would only be fair to let other members get a chance to see the cards before he got to claim another card, its late and a lot of members havent even got a chance to see the cards, but i guess I was wrong. I was just trying to do what I thought was fair to everyone but I guess carry on. [MENTION=5049]Waulk11[/MENTION] send me your info for the Braun.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I would say let them ride until, so Wednesday night early around 9ish for the left coast crowd. And then if not claimed let him have them, and then he can post something for the coffers

looks like the Braun is going to [MENTION=5049]Waulk11[/MENTION], I guess I was wrong to try and wait as I'm getting bashed on the other thread.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
First come, first serve lol
thats not really how it should be, certain cards are posted with other members or team/ player collectors in mind. I'm very grateful to get the Bo Jackson since Im a huge Bo Jackson fan. I was honestly hoping for another A's Fan to give the Jemile Weeks cards away to. im not worried about Id just like this thread to keep on track and see other members get some nice cards waulk11 the Braun is yours

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Isn't the point of this "pay it forward" thread to help people build there collections? As long as someone is giving back quality cards to the community, then I say let them claim as many as they want. If someone was claiming all the good cards and offering junk in return, then I would understand putting a limit on what they can claim. When someone offers quality cards in return for quality cards, then I can only see it helping this thread.

yeah I agree but I still think there should at least be a day limit of a card being posted before someone who has already claimed a card can grab another, to give other members a fair shot at claiming a card.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
thats not really how it should be, certain cards are posted with other members or team/ player collectors in mind. I'm very grateful to get the Bo Jackson since Im a huge Bo Jackson fan. I was honestly hoping for another A's Fan to give the Jemile Weeks cards away to. im not worried about Id just like this thread to keep on track and see other members get some nice cards waulk11 the Braun is yours

What if there is a bigger Bo Jackson fan on here than you? Should we all just wait until he claims it instead of letting you claim it first?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
What if there is a bigger Bo Jackson fan on here than you? Should we all just wait until he claims it instead of letting you claim it first?
I hadnt claimed a card yet, and your turning something positive into a negative situation. sorry if I was thinking of other members first before someone got to claim their 3rd card on this thread before any other members got a shot to even see the cards. it was up for maybe 10 minutes. just forget about it were onto the next card and lets try to keep this positive & moving in the right direction

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I hadnt claimed a card yet, and your turning something positive into a negative situation. sorry if I was thinking of other members first before someone got to claim their 3rd card on this thread before any other members got a shot to even see the cards. it was up for maybe 10 minutes. just forget about it were onto the next card and lets try to keep this positive & moving in the right direction
I agree. Lets keep it moving! I have to pick on you a lil bit. You are a raiders fan haha :)

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I agree. Lets keep it moving! I have to pick on you a lil bit. You are a raiders fan haha :)

How would you feel if a nice Caminiti card got posted and someone claimed there 4th or 5th card before you even got to claim one or even see it??? I just thought I was doing what was fair, but like I said no worries lets keep it moving

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Adam - You are part of this community. Just because you are now a MOD that doesn't that fact. If you see something posted add it to your PC. I know I am good with that. All you have to do is post something in return like everyone else. Stop putting self imposed restrictions on yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts