Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This has got to be a scam, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A buyer from Taiwan hit the BIN on a card I had for sale last night. Nevermind the fact that my auction states no international bidders, it's nice to know that regardless of whether you click "US bidders only," eBay doesn't care. Card has not been paid for yet, but this morning I get a message from a different ebayer.
2rdasl4.jpg

Huh?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
He won my auction and I got that email once and transaction went through without any problems..

He also bids a ton on my auctions but rarely wins anything..

and Ive had greg0811 as a winner of my auctions too

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This guy has been around winning auctions for years, he is not a scammer at all

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Sounds like successful purchases have been made with the posts above. Try requesting the person that reached out to you to send paypal to the guy that one the auction/item so that he can still be the one to pay for it. That way if anything crazy did happen it is just one source versus two to deal with.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Was it a way to just get the seller (who only ships in the US) to ship to Taiwan?

That way always scares me.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Was it a way to just get the seller (who only ships in the US) to ship to Taiwan?

That way always scares me.

That's what confused me. Sounded like a scam, although both members have excellent feedback and been on Ebay for years. Both are from Taiwan, which is why I don't know why Greg would ask. I can't send to a different address or get PP from someone other than the buyer.

As much as I'd like to get full asking price for it, I canceled the order. Is there a way I can ship safely to Taiwan on a card that would need sig confirmation? I've only shipped to Canada off Ebay

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
That's what confused me. Sounded like a scam, although both members have excellent feedback and been on Ebay for years. Both are from Taiwan, which is why I don't know why Greg would ask. I can't send to a different address or get PP from someone other than the buyer.

As much as I'd like to get full asking price for it, I canceled the order. Is there a way I can ship safely to Taiwan on a card that would need sig confirmation? I've only shipped to Canada off Ebay
[MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] and other guys have used the Paypal International service I believe, and it is extremely cheap for what it covers. If I remember correctly it works really well on protecting the seller when used.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If you use eBays global shipping program, you pay for shipping to their Kentucky location, once it is confirmed received there, it is in eBays hands to get it to the customer, you are free and clear of any "lost item". I have used it and not once has there been a package gone "missing" that has come out of my pocket.
Cost to ship to the US location is what it would typically cost to ship an item domestically, the buyer pays the amount eBay tells them to pay for shipping, you as the seller only incur the domestic cost of the shipping (however you are paid for it from the buyer).
Hope that wordy paragraph made sense.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Dude has 100% feedback on almost 8,000 transactions....highly doubt he's a scammer. Up to you if you want to charge extra to ship international or cancel the transaction.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have bought and sold with Greg0811 for several years on EBAY..

I have never had a problem and as stated, if you use the International Shipping program, then once you get the card the EBAY shipper, then you are covered..

Good luck,

my latest international package delivery info..

SUCCESS!
Dear Kevin,

We are writing to confirm that your GSP item has been successfully delivered by the carrier.

This is a courtesy email only, and no further action is needed.

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
OK, I relisted it with international shipping using Ebay's shipping program. BIN was hit (this time by Greg), and I went to send him an invoice
vopgs9.jpg

Should I email him and ask him to go ahead with the payment? I guess after he pays, the Paypal statement with give me the Kentucky address to mail it to?

Sorry about all the questions, I've never shipped internationally. I'm glad Ebay is now offering this

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Ebay will send the invoice on your behalf, they need to include the International Shipping charges to the Buyer.
Buyer will pay, you will print shipping label directly from Ebay, it will ship to the Kentucky location, once confirmed there, your part is done, you are free and clear of any "lost item".

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
OK, I relisted it with international shipping using Ebay's shipping program. BIN was hit (this time by Greg), and I went to send him an invoice
vopgs9.jpg

Should I email him and ask him to go ahead with the payment? I guess after he pays, the Paypal statement with give me the Kentucky address to mail it to?

Sorry about all the questions, I've never shipped internationally. I'm glad Ebay is now offering this

Once you get the package to Kentucky (or California), you are covered..

Members online

Latest posts