Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My sincere apologies to Brian Gray and Leaf Trading Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I couldn't agree more. I feel the exact same way. People on here have bashed Leaf and Brian in particular for years and years. If you don't like the product don't buy it and if you don't buy it quit *****ing about it.
I've met Brian and I think he's a decent guy. I personally don't believe he deserves all this juvenile nonsense.

And for a long time he was accessible to this board and openly engaged in conversations...I'm fairly certain there aren't many people in this industry who would tolerate that for as long as Brian did. Like him or dislike him you have to give him credit for that.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Remember the time he bet me that Bubba Starling had much better chance of making the HOF than Bo Jackson?

That was the best.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
In my opinion it would take a real self absorbed petty ass **** holster with an overly inflated sense of self worth to sue someone for an apology over a troll comment so they could then sit at home and punch their shriveled munchkin while reading it pantsless..

but I didn’t read it that way I see Sam as being the bigger man and turning over a new leaf..

On top of that who the hell takes Sam seriously? And on top of that did babe Ruth play hockey?

Let me just start by saying I've never owned a single card made by Leaf, just not my bag, nor have I ever met or talked with Brian and do not know him. Trolling is one thing and so is the endless bashing of Leaf products but when you intentionally mess with the livelihood of someone by claiming fraud, you better come correct. Sam runs his mouth all over the place and when it was time to put up or shut up, he had nothing and now just has to shut up. Talk about hilarious.

Let me just start by saying I've never owned a single card made by Leaf, just not my bag, nor have I ever met or talked with Brian and do not know him. Trolling is one thing and so is the endless bashing of Leaf products but when you intentionally mess with the livelihood of someone by claiming fraud, you better come correct. Sam runs his mouth all over the place and when it was time to put up or shut up, he had nothing and now just has to shut up. Talk about hilarious.

I see that humor point but I don’t see how leaf could prove Sams smart smart ass or libelous comment (whichever is preferred) cost the company money or damages. 1 Sam is known for bashing and trolling them 2 they have the authenticator of the card to spoon up a mouth full of poop for Sam..

And.. i will say.. Sam is who he is..

My real issue is we the collectors are paying for a company to sue those in our own community. There are simpler, less petty and more cost friendly ways for leaf to stick it to Sam on this.

Remember when topps had a rep on this board? And all the guff he took? When bad things were said about redemptions or products he didn’t run out and sue.. (still hoping leaf didn’t) he ignored them or responded in a professional manner.. he didn’t go out and make a fu ck redemption card while still having redemptions.. he didn’t take his legal team and sue someone.. he remained a professional in all manners. I guess that’s the difference in being considered a top end business.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I see that humor point but I don’t see how leaf could prove Sams smart smart ass or libelous comment (whichever is preferred) cost the company money or damages. 1 Sam is known for bashing and trolling them 2 they have the authenticator of the card to spoon up a mouth full of poop for Sam..

And.. i will say.. Sam is who he is..

My real issue is we the collectors are paying for a company to sue those in our own community. There are simpler, less petty and more cost friendly ways for leaf to stick it to Sam on this.

Remember when topps had a rep on this board? And all the guff he took? When bad things were said about redemptions or products he didn’t run out and sue.. (still hoping leaf didn’t) he ignored them or responded in a professional manner.. he didn’t go out and make a fu ck redemption card while still having redemptions.. he didn’t take his legal team and sue someone.. he remained a professional in all manners. I guess that’s the difference in being considered a top end business.

You consider Topps a top end business..

They have a monopoly that everyone would love to see end including Brian Gray.. Do you guys have the same distain for Panini as you do for Leaf.. same issue that other have had.. but they don't vent it out in public like they do against Brian..

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I hope I'm not the only one that sees the complete hilarity that out of a simple, matter of fact apology from Sam this thread spiraled out of control as if it started from one of his trolling comments instead of an apology.
The end of those thread might as well be Ron Burgundy "boy...that escalated quickly, I mean that really got out of hand fast."

They have a monopoly that everyone would love to see end including Brian Gray.. Do you guys have the same distain for Panini as you do for Leaf.. same issue that other have had.. but they don't vent it out in public like they do against Brian..

Panini doesn’t get the same venom as leaf because they don’t have bg as a polarizing mouthpiece. But i agree they’re the same.

I do consider topps a top end business they have the best branding in cardboard, handle manners like this professionally, don’t sink to the detractors levels, and produce fantastic products. Sure they lay some stinkers too.. but they’re the driving force behind our hobby for more than half a decade.

Do you think bg wants to have a license? Cause I don’t it diminishes margins.. what he’s done without a license is very impressive. But what he’s done in the baseball arena lacks any creativity.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
A lot of the unlicensed stuff Panini has done for baseball the last few years has been absolutely fantastic and holds up extremely well alongside the licensed Topps products. Great designs and concepts. You can barely tell they are unlicensed. Leaf should have taken the Panini route a decade ago, but they would rather keep releasing crap after crap after hideous crap. Most of the designs are regurgitated year after year and they release so much backdoor (non-pack released) stuff it's pathetic. They dug their own hole. That said, I don't think Leaf or Gray would have a leg to stand on in any kind of charge of libel, because the signature of a deceased person can never be guaranteed beyond a shadow of a doubt to be authentic. If it's Sam's opinion it's fake, good luck proving him wrong. lol #wouldNeverHappen #emptyThreats

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

They have a monopoly that everyone would love to see end.

Isn’t that more to do with Major League Baseball than being a Topps issue?

I personally agree that Topps shouldn’t be the only company with a license, but I don’t put blame on Topps for them being the only one with it. It’s my understanding that Major League Baseball made that decision, not Topps. Topps is just the lucky company MLB chose, right?

So why blame Topps?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Isn’t that more to do with Major League Baseball than being a Topps issue?

I personally agree that Topps shouldn’t be the only company with a license, but I don’t put blame on Topps for them being the only one with it. It’s my understanding that Major League Baseball made that decision, not Topps. Topps is just the lucky company MLB chose, right?

So why blame Topps?

Don't forget Upperdeck Screwed the pooch when they failed to make payments to the players and MLB yanked their license..

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Don't forget Upperdeck Screwed the pooch when they failed to make payments to the players and MLB yanked their license..

I loved UD’s licensed MLB products.

I don’t disagree whatsoever that Topps shouldn’t be the only one out there with it, but I’m also not going to blame or bash them for having it.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Panini doesn’t get the same venom as leaf because they don’t have bg as a polarizing mouthpiece. But i agree they’re the same.

I do consider topps a top end business they have the best branding in cardboard, handle manners like this professionally, don’t sink to the detractors levels, and produce fantastic products. Sure they lay some stinkers too.. but they’re the driving force behind our hobby for more than half a decade.

Do you think bg wants to have a license? Cause I don’t it diminishes margins.. what he’s done without a license is very impressive. But what he’s done in the baseball arena lacks any creativity.

Along with not having a mouthpiece, Panini did not base it's business on repacks - grab bags. There was a lot of ill will towards the clear money grab of taking x amount of product, putting it in a pretty box, pimping it here on FCB pretty hard, then making x+y in profit.