Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow... explain THIS Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
And how in the hell can expiring redemptions be legal? They are part of the product you are buying!!! It's not like they are a bonus from Topps.

If I buy a 24 count of batteries and I open them up and find two decoys with redemption written on them, Duracell owes me TWO G** D*** BATTERIES...expiration date or not. And they better be the SuperAwesome Lithium G3 Turbos I purchased at $24.99 and not some little watch batteries that cost $.25 a piece.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yep agree all the way. Collectors haven't been outraged so nothing has been done.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed. If it says "guaranteed 1 autograph per box!" and the redemption is expired, how it is legal is beyond me...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Different note -- but I hate companies that finally land a signer that's rare & I chase the card to find the company insert the autos in the next 10 products (making it no longer rare).

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

The problem with your concern is that a manufacturer has to pay up BIG $ to get these rare signers... In order to make this feasible, the qty/cost has to be spread over several products....
We got lucky with Patricm Ewing that he only signed the one single signing and refuses to sign anything else! BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
The mere fact that redemption cards expire in anything less than five or ten years boggles my mind. After three years, what, topps just gets to keep them? Goodness knows thdont reinsert them into packs.

Honestly, I think redemptions that expire are illegal and lawsuits could/would be justified and successful... BG

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
And how in the hell can expiring redemptions be legal? They are part of the product you are buying!!! It's not like they are a bonus from Topps.

If I buy a 24 count of batteries and I open them up and find two decoys with redemption written on them, Duracell owes me TWO G** D*** BATTERIES...expiration date or not. And they better be the SuperAwesome Lithium G3 Turbos I purchased at $24.99 and not some little watch batteries that cost $.25 a piece.

LOL! This analogy made me laugh so hard. You're exactly right.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Topps and their redemptions reminds me of the government and the national debt. I feel like there is just an overflow of redemptions still owed to people and it's not getting any smaller... I bet it's getting bigger and bigger by the minute.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've felt that unless its memrobillia (that they have) there should be no redemptions. They pack out the product with what they have, make the checklist as is. Then if they were working on some players for certain sets they can add them as additional cards as an update or chase throughout their other brands.

Ryan

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Some of this fall on the athletes too; Topps has deadlines to meet to package and ship the product, what if the athlete doesn't send his stack back in time?

To be perfectly honest, I like the way Panini handles and communicates about their redemptions: every week they post a blog entry about who they managed to fulfill. At least it makes me feel they are trying.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Agree 100%. If you don't have it in hand, don't include it in the product, period. People are getting screwed left and right and STILL stick with that f'd up company (panini and UD are no better...).

At least Leaf is fast with redemptions. Like them or hate them, their CS is the best in the business as far as listening and solving the problem.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Some of this fall on the athletes too; Topps has deadlines to meet to package and ship the product, what if the athlete doesn't send his stack back in time?

To be perfectly honest, I like the way Panini handles and communicates about their redemptions: every week they post a blog entry about who they managed to fulfill. At least it makes me feel they are trying.

Doesn't Topps claim to have a rep present for all signings?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't think so...

So basically there is nothing that can be done about this.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
If only there was a lawyer on here that could point people in the right direction of a class action suit...

Seriously, a class action would be valid in Topps case. How many examples could we dig up of false advertising and bait/switch? Have to be at least a few dozen solid ones just on this forum alone.

Add in the fact that if you move and inform them on their redemption website they will still send it to the prior address. They've sent three redemptions to my current address, but they couldn't figure out where to send the 3 year old redemption - they are lame.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts