Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How does Topps obtain the game used all star pre game workout jerseys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tchronis24

Oct 5, 2013
How does topps obtain these jerseys. I figured the player would want to keep these but i dont know. Any help?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
They probably have a contract with either the player or with mlb/mlbpa that says they get "x" amount of their equipment or said equipment from certain events/games . Andrew McCutchen said earlier this year that he only gets to keep a couple of his jerseys each year for himself.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
There are 3 sets of MLB Allstar BP jerseys, the breakdown is as follows;

1. HR Derby (player worn) - by contract this whole set from all players goes to Topps.
2. AS game BP (player worn) - the player can keep this one if they want, if they refuse it goes to Highland Mint.
3. Autographed (not worn) - this set is the one you see on MLB auctions shortly after the event.

I don't know how far back this 3 set system goes but it goes back a good number of years.

tchronis24

Oct 5, 2013
im glad topps gets the home run derby jerseys. I think thats a better quality jersey then just the BP jerseys. Thanks again for the help

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
im glad topps gets the home run derby jerseys. I think thats a better quality jersey then just the BP jerseys. Thanks again for the help

Topps doesn't necessarily get the Home Run Derby jerseys. It varies and sometimes the Highland Mint gets those instead of the AS BP one.

tchronis24

Oct 5, 2013
Zambrano do u know if the 2012 all star game Home run derby jerseys were purchased by topps?

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
It varies based on player rather than year. You can tell if you look up the authentication number.

tchronis24

Oct 5, 2013
Oh well i wanted to know specifically about Kemps but i cant get the authentication number cause his laundry tag didnt come up on ebay yet

Members online

Latest posts