Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I have to thank [MENTION=1935]Brett Keith[/MENTION] for working out a deal for the McGwire. I've dealt with Brett multiple times on high end cards and he is fair with his prices and easy to work with.

The type collector in me had always wanted a card from this set. I just didn't think I would end up with one of the set's bigger stars. I lost out on the Mariano Rivera when the set first came out (and I believe it went for a fraction of what it would go for now).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=3494]heavy_hitter[/MENTION] - Are you a set collector? Have many more of those? I know the Belle sold on eBay years ago and I was too new getting back into the hobby to know what a card like that would sell for, so needless to say I don't own it today.... do you? ;)

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Nope. That is my first from the set. I've never seen the Belle from the set show up anywhere.

I always found it strange that the cards numbered to 100 had the serial number printed on them, but the Gold 1/1s were hand-numbered.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Was pleased with this $9.99 dlvd BIN. No mention of "Gold" or the sweet serial # in the title or description
2001UpperDeckProsandProspectsGame-UsedDualBatGold_zpsab8e3901.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Was pleased with this $9.99 dlvd BIN. No mention of "Gold" or the sweet serial # in the title or description
2001UpperDeckProsandProspectsGame-UsedDualBatGold_zpsab8e3901.jpg
Man that's a nice grab. I remember not bidding high enough on the Bernie Williams/Ichiro 51/51 card. Lost it to a buyer in Japan at the time. Probably will not see that card resurface. Can't win em all but you stabbed a good one there.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't know what it is but special serial numbered cards do nothing for me personally for my PC but I know why some people love it.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't know what it is but special serial numbered cards do nothing for me personally for my PC but I know why some people love it.

---

I hear you. At the end of the day, I just want to own the card. Any 1/, last/, jersey#/ is just a bonus. The 01s are pretty cool though. I get more excited about first ones than jersey numbers

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

---

One of the Mac collectors is trying to put together and has a huge group of #1 /*** cards. Pretty cool subcollection.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
One of the Mac collectors is trying to put together and has a huge group of #1 /*** cards. Pretty cool subcollection.

I could have a field day for Belle because nearly every card created hits eBay and I could just wait for 1/ or 8/ or last/ if I wanted. Just don't care.

---

Members online

Latest posts