Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- A new discovery and story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thanks for posting this. There is literally nothing in collecting I like better than finding a previously unknown Justice card from the 90s.
I also need to get a copy of the Standard Catalog - I've always been a Beckett guy.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Wow how great it is to see some cards not known for 18 years. Blows my mind. Thanks for sharing this and congrats on a true treasure find.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I was gonna say....shouldn't that card have gone for like over 700???

I guess its all about exposure. Who knew about it being listed? I bet the griffey collectors that saw it didnt say a word to anyone about it, and those who dont collect griffey and saw it were killed and buried by the griffey collectors to make sure no one else knew about it.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I was gonna say....shouldn't that card have gone for like over 700???
Like I said............... I Fell Asleep.......hehe

sleep.jpg

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I guess its all about exposure. Who knew about it being listed? I bet the griffey collectors that saw it didnt say a word to anyone about it, and those who dont collect griffey and saw it were killed and buried by the griffey collectors to make sure no one else knew about it.

Seriously, do you think the SELLER even knew what he had?

I mean, if he was piecing out his whole collection, maybe he thought it might have been just a simple insert he could sell and get a $5 box lunch(it rocks it rocks).

If he truly knew how rare the card was, wouldnt he have put 1/1 in the title, or at least mention is super extreme, .000000000000000000000000000000000001% of owning that card rarity?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
The seller is a Big Griffey Collector, I myself never had heard of it until Mozzies post

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
The David Justice is being sold by Bob Lemke after my ongoing and unsuccessful bid to purchase it directly. I'm out of contention as the bidding has reached the Girffey Jr sale point: (LINK)

I hate this feeling... it's like I just ran over my dog.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
The David Justice is being sold by Bob Lemke after my ongoing and unsuccessful bid to purchase it directly. I'm out of contention as the bidding has reached the Girffey Jr sale point: (LINK)

Sucks he wouldn't just sell it to you. If it was the guy I collect I would probably go for it anyhow.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

That's too bad man, I'm sorry. So you're priced out at $150 or you're trying to sell something else to pay for it? I've been in this position before with Belle cards and it's a tough spot... sorry dude.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

He didn't sell it to you directly, but he was kind enough to relist it so you could take a shot at it as a Canadian bidder. I was the high bidder when the original listing was pulled. Unfortunately, it's garnered enough extra attention that I'm pretty sure I won't be winning the card.

I have my player, and that's most important, but as a person who has the complete pin and pin redemption set, I'd love to complete the exchange set one day.

I'm still angry that the Ripken I purchased got removed from the lot of cards I purchased it in and sold to another person. What the seller doesn't know is that he left at least a grand on the table.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011

Still a few hours to bid... It sounds like it would be one to go after for a single player collector. You can't afford at this point?

Members online