Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Good morning!

I got these from a break, and looking to move them. Let me know if interested.

1422635219149.jpg1422635231452.jpg

Cano auto is #'ed 50/50 and the diffreactor is 72/75. Walker auto is regular auto and the gold is #'ed to 99. Looking to get $70 OBO for the whole lot. Pm me if interested.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just ticked the cyan proof off the list!

tek_strip4.jpg

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I didn't even bid. I figured you would win it regardless, so I tried to save you some cash. I remember the magenta BIN. I almost pulled the trigger. I think I was focusing on the Triple Threads at the time.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The "Proofs" in this release are weird. It is like they couldn't do a real proof or plate because the release is Tek but they didn't want to not have something. People getting them confused with "Diffractor" 1/1s and stuff.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Has any one else completed the 14 Gwynn set? Just wondering because the shatter stripe only two have surfaced on eBay and one blue.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Has any one else completed the 14 Gwynn set? Just wondering because the shatter stripe only two have surfaced on eBay and one blue.

I have a feeling individual player collectors who haven't already started their player(s) in this set are gonna experience a nightmare if they try to finish their sets as time goes on. I've bought every auto / non auto blue of my guys that have surfaced - and the rarer versions (Shatter Stripe and Zig Zag for NL) seem to be true to their 5 and 10 guessed print runs.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have a feeling individual player collectors who haven't already started their player(s) in this set are gonna experience a nightmare if they try to finish their sets as time goes on. I've bought every auto / non auto blue of my guys that have surfaced - and the rarer versions (Shatter Stripe and Zig Zag for NL) seem to be true to their 5 and 10 guessed print runs.
I have an Eddie Butler Print Proof 1/1 I could move for 20 DLVD if interested
PM works best for me

[MENTION=9603]corockies[/MENTION]

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

I've experienced this, too. It's going to be harder to collect a full player set the further we get from release date. I know that's always true, but it seems like it may be even more so with this issue as they are highly sought after.

corockies - I think we've seen with some players via ended listings that there are at LEAST five Stripes and Shatter Stripes. So probably more like ten or even more. There were some examples earlier in this thread. Regardless, it was a great idea for Topps to have some rare patterns that were unnumbered. It really helped 2014 Tek create a little of its own mystique. I hope they expand on that idea in the future (assuming they bring back Tek).

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
heads up if it hasnt been discussed. seems like these grade well. two golds, an ice and a shattered all popped a 9.5 for my harper PC.

Was it my shatter and if so, I hope you read the small print in my auction? Any 2014 tek harpers that grade 9.5, I am to rcv 5 cents paypal upon cards arrival.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I've experienced this, too. It's going to be harder to collect a full player set the further we get from release date. I know that's always true, but it seems like it may be even more so with this issue as they are highly sought after.

corockies - I think we've seen with some players via ended listings that there are at LEAST five Stripes and Shatter Stripes. So probably more like ten or even more. There were some examples earlier in this thread. Regardless, it was a great idea for Topps to have some rare patterns that were unnumbered. It really helped 2014 Tek create a little of its own mystique. I hope they expand on that idea in the future (assuming they bring back Tek).

Many being seen are the same card being sold 2 or more times.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Was it my shatter and if so, I hope you read the small print in my auction? Any 2014 tek harpers that grade 9.5, I am to rcv 5 cents paypal upon cards arrival.

lol nope, not yours. it was the previous one i purchased. ill be sending yours out with my order in march.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The question would be why the heck wouldn't they ?

Ryan
Probably the same reason why I have been buying Belle Diffractors since 1998 and only own like a dozen of them lol

They probably realized in order for them to get a decent checklist and # of each play it would take a sh!t ton of time and more $ than they wanted? Just a guess.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK

No RJ non-auto Blue Wave /5 have appeared on eBay in the 2+ months since release. I've seen a pic of one pulled on BO, but never saw it listed. 2 Blue /5 Autos have sold though (got the 2nd one).

I have the full RJ set sans 1/1s and the non-auto blue.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Probably the same reason why I have been buying Belle Diffractors since 1998 and only own like a dozen of them lol

They probably realized in order for them to get a decent checklist and # of each play it would take a sh!t ton of time and more $ than they wanted? Just a guess.

Didn't need to be diffractors , even then if no specific pattern is needed they could assemble it in a decent amount of time. But with base , they could have def done 1/1 , /5 , /10 or whatever without much planning at all. Maybe their working on something. Maybe their lazy.

Ryan

Members online