Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Estate Sale Finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Post this here instead of starting a thread for them. Do these have some kind of protector on them? I've never seen them like this before.

Attachments

• JohnsonDirt.jpg
    JohnsonDirt.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Bonds.jpg
    Bonds.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 66

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Post this here instead of starting a thread for them. Do these have some kind of protector on them? I've never seen them like this before.

I don't think those had protector film on them. I ran a search on ebay and all cards aren't as faded as yours on all other players. I couldn't find one of Randy Johnson, but the one listed on ebay of Barry Bonds looks just like yours:

Barry Bonds Stadium Club "Play at The Plate" Real Batters Box Dirt in Card | eBay
$_57.JPG

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Doesn't seem faded though. Has kind of a rough texture feel to it.

Whats weird is I am only seeing examples of Bonds being like that, all other cards have the normal gloss look and nothing I have been able to find says they were protected. I have not seen ANY Randy Johnson. Not only that, but all checklists I saw were 10 card checklists which included Barry Bonds but not Randy Johnson. The Randy Johnson might be a decent card if it wasn't included in the set for whatever reason. [MENTION=10698]bigunitcards[/MENTION] might be able to help out at least on the Randy for you :)

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I have a Kevin Brown as well that is the same way

They are different sets though
Bonds is Play at the Plate
Johnson is King of the Hill as well as the Kevin Brown

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Beckett was actually helpful on this, they have a protective wax coating:

Randomly inserted into packs at one in 20 HTA, this five-card insert features game-used dirt cards from the pitchers mound of today's top pitchers. The Topps Company announced that the ten exchange subjects from Stadium Club Play at the Plate, King of the Hill, and Souvenirs contain the wrong card back stating that they were autographed. None of these cards are actually autographed. Also note that these cards were inserted into packs with a white "waxpaper" covering to protect the cards. Card backs carry a "KH" prefix. Please note that Greg Maddux and Rick Ankiel both packed out as exchange cards and must be returned to Topps by 11/30/01

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Well easy enough. I guess I will just leave it on and sell them as is then. Although they look better with it off.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, I have one of those with the wax coating. I thought it was screwed up! Now I know!

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Estate Sale Round 2!

Met up with the seller again yesterday. He had only cleared out about a third of the inventory in 2 yard sales. I took home another 8 boxes and while at the moment they don't look as good as the first round I am still finding some nice ones. I think I mixed up one box. I opened it when I got home and it was just absolute junk minus a couple of small sets. I am hoping I just accidentally grabbed it and didn't swap out a box that I did want. After going through all of them I don't recall missing anything I know I was buying.

Attachments

• Abbott.jpg
    Abbott.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Bonilla.jpg
    Bonilla.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Jordan.jpg
    Jordan.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Lofton.jpg
    Lofton.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 74
  • Nen.jpg
    Nen.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 73
  • John.jpg
    John.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Gwynn.jpg
    Gwynn.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 77

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Estate Sale Round 2!

Met up with the seller again yesterday. He had only cleared out about a third of the inventory in 2 yard sales. I took home another 8 boxes and while at the moment they don't look as good as the first round I am still finding some nice ones. I think I mixed up one box. I opened it when I got home and it was just absolute junk minus a couple of small sets. I am hoping I just accidentally grabbed it and didn't swap out a box that I did want. After going through all of them I don't recall missing anything I know I was buying.

Interested in the Lofton if its for sale or trade.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Here is the other good find. So far I have found a few of his cheaper rookies and some cool looking inserts. Hoping to find a monster though.

Attachments

• Jeter.jpg
    Jeter.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 63

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Jeter boxes produced some nice stuff. 2 full boxes of base, the third box is only 1 row but is all inserts/parallels and some cheaper rookies

Attachments

• Jeter.jpg
    Jeter.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Originally it was on cl for a yard sale/estate sale on the 4th of July. Then we had been talking back and forth via email. He had a pending deal to sell it all that must have fallen through. So he had another sale but I missed the ad. Emailed him and set up the appt. Now I believe a dealer from the other side of the state is picking up the rest in the next week or so. I'm sure there are a lot more treasures but it was to much to go through to find out.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
With summer ending and my wife going back to work for the new school year I have had limited time to go through the boxes. Still have 13 of the 16 to finish going through. Most from here on out are base sets but a lot of sets will have inserts and parallels to dig through. Grabbed one binder tonight and while I had seen this one already since I pulled the golds out, I didn't realize what was left.

1 Full Red Set
1 Full Blue Set
Probably 90%+ on another full red and blue set
and then dupes for 3-4+ sets.

Not earth shattering in value but These just have absolutely amazing eye appeal to me.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 50