Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
No words for this one…look him up to see the story behind the reason for this price!

Rick Anderson 81T Auto.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The two high bidders were established ebay users and the top bidder had another bid in at the end, indicating they were willing to go even higher!

That 81T Mariners team set is a bear to get signed. Not only is Anderson nearly impossible, so is McLaughlin. Then you have a bunch of harder to find guys like Biercevicz, Craig (d), Dressler, Zisk, Beniquez, Cox (d), Clay, Sarmiento, Burroughs, J. Anderson, Mendoza, Randle, D. Roberts (d) and maybe a couple more. This signed set is by far my least complete of the 77-87 run.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
osz8lu.png

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
The two high bidders were established ebay users and the top bidder had another bid in at the end, indicating they were willing to go even higher!

That 81T Mariners team set is a bear to get signed. Not only is Anderson nearly impossible, so is McLaughlin. Then you have a bunch of harder to find guys like Biercevicz, Craig (d), Dressler, Zisk, Beniquez, Cox (d), Clay, Sarmiento, Burroughs, J. Anderson, Mendoza, Randle, D. Roberts (d) and maybe a couple more. This signed set is by far my least complete of the 77-87 run.

I can get Mendoza. Let me know

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
For autographers, that's the additional "fun" of the hobby as I bet many autos like this are put away and forgotten and then turn out to be gems.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Well, it's PSA so...

But the statement that it is possibly the only one is a fallacy. He signed contracts, checks, yearbooks, etc that it can be compared to.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Something about the way this thread is going is pissing me off.

It's a crazy price, the seller indulged more than a bit and people obviously don't care about the guy (they dont know him i get it, read the summary) and are in total disregard for an entire niche of the hobby. Seeing a bunch of narrow minded piss ants at the moment, reminds me of BO boards to be honest.

Team, set and player collectors are known to spend ridiculous amounts to fill needs. I think it's insane what was supposedly paid. Someone has expendable cash I don't have to collect what they like. It's like prospectors, I don't understand it but it's part of the hobby and here to stay.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Something about the way this thread is going is pissing me off.

It's a crazy price, the seller indulged more than a bit and people obviously don't care about the guy (they dont know him i get it, read the summary) and are in total disregard for an entire niche of the hobby. Seeing a bunch of narrow minded piss ants at the moment, reminds me of BO boards to be honest.

Team, set and player collectors are known to spend ridiculous amounts to fill needs. I think it's insane what was supposedly paid. Someone has expendable cash I don't have to collect what they like. It's like prospectors, I don't understand it but it's part of the hobby and here to stay.

Stepper, I don't think anyone has yet to say the buyer is stupid or something along those lines. We're shocked about the price reaching where it did, but I don't think anyone criticized the seller or buyer really?

Ryan

Last edited:

Members online