Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Retooling my vintage Dodgers showcase: introducing 4roundcorners.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I've been using plain black backgrounds for so long, so I thought I'd try something a little different. My imagination only goes so far, and quite honestly I'm far from proficient with any official web page building programs. I use a fairly simply WYSIWYG editor, and it's fairly kinda tedious to make wholesale change like this. Thought I'd get some feedback before tackling some of my other collection pages.

Really, though, it's just a shameless attempt to get y'all to say nice things about my ratty-ass cards!

http://www.4roundcorners.com/dodgercollection/prewar.htm

main page, and completely unimaginative: http://www.4roundcorners.com

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I've always wanted to make a web page for my collection. Kudos to you for doing it!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I love it - that is great! The domain is excellent too.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looks great. You pointed out a Dodger card I had overlooked somehow, the 63T Haas RC. Now I need to find one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You have 51 Hermanski and Snider scans shown under the 50B section.

Also, are these all supposed to be complete team runs or are you adding any missing cards as you get them? I don't see a 50B Bruce Edwards. I didn't check the other sets for any missing players, but it seems most are probably complete.

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
You have 51 Hermanski and Snider scans shown under the 50B section.

Also, are these all supposed to be complete team runs or are you adding any missing cards as you get them? I don't see a 50B Bruce Edwards. I didn't check the other sets for any missing players, but it seems most are probably complete.

Good catch. Prior to the rebuild I had all the horizontal cards pictured vertically. Thought I'd throw 'em at the bottom of each set - otherwise they'd mess up the clean layout if I left them in alphabetical order.

Yes, all the sets are complete. The '50B Edwards has replaced the '51B Hermanski, and the correct Snider is now shown.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is a pretty decent 66 Shirley RC you have. Never realized until not too long ago how hard that card is to get. I still need one myself.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Thanks.

'66 high numbers are ridiculously tough. I've got another in my '66 set that's better centered - picked it up at the Natty last year for a really good price. I should probably swap them out.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Do you have any Play Balls, Diamond Stars or Double Plays? That may make a good next project to close the gap between Goudey and Topps/Bowman.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Do you have any Play Balls, Diamond Stars or Double Plays? That may make a good next project to close the gap between Goudey and Topps/Bowman.

I do have a couple of Diamond Stars. That set is on the back burner, but I did land the Lopez a few weeks ago. I've had the Mungo for quite some time.

DSLopez.jpg
DSMungo1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You prompted me to do some inventory and I am missing quite a few more than I thought. i guess I have always focused on oddball, autographs and such and figured the base cards would come later. I do have a stronger percentage of the older cards (except 52 High numbers), but was surprised at how many I was missing in the 60s, sometimes 8-10 cards or more (although I probably have signed copies of many of them). I am ashamed to call myself a Dodger collector at the moment!!

Members online

Latest posts