Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
So I had a nice little find at the local card show today. Any ideas what these typically bring? I haven't seen one for quite a while. Thanks for your help.
IMG_2447_zpse38bb436.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
So I had a nice little find at the local card show today. Any ideas what these typically bring? I haven't seen one for quite a while. Thanks for your help.
IMG_2447_zpse38bb436.jpg

Pre 2009, about $100 to $120, recently, $175 to $300. Market has softened a bit in the past few months. Most big Clark collector's have theirs. I sold one last year for $189.95

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Here is an interesting recent acquisition. Anyone ever see one like this? It's the Purple Holographics, but not numbered to 50. It isn't backdoored, b/c it has the Skybox Authenticity Stamp. I guess an error or a card that was pack inserted that just missed the serial number? For what I ended up paying, I consider it a steal even if it's just an error or mistake of some kind. I've dealt in quite a few of the Autographics Clark auto's and at least 7 or 8 or the Purple's and this is the 1st I've seen of its kind. Anyone else have it or maybe even another player with the same mistake?

full.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice neat pickup. I haven't seen an unnumbered version. I have 2 purples, and have had 2 others and they were #ered . You don't think they had any replacement ones for damaged ones? If it was supposed to be numbered, I wonder what one it was supposed to be. 12/50 or 23/50 would have had Oriole links

Ryan

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Greetings from Indiana. I've met a few of you through Ebay, but it's nice to have another resource to meet collectors. I've been away from collecting since '98, but started back up last October. I'm mainly buying 1986-2001 Clark items, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me. For now, here's a picture of the newest Clark fan:

image.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Greetings from Indiana. I've met a few of you through Ebay, but it's nice to have another resource to meet collectors. I've been away from collecting since '98, but started back up last October. I'm mainly buying 1986-2001 Clark items, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me. For now, here's a picture of the newest Clark fan:

View attachment 33314

Good to see you over here. Pretty good info within the 60 pages of the Will Clark forum. 90's insert/parallel thread full of great stuff too.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
1994GiantsTeamIssueTeam_zps4a1425da-1.jpgYesterday, I received an email from a guy I purchased a few SF Postcard sets off of, and he included a picture of this SGA set sealed. He asked what it was and how much it was worth? Any ideas?

Last edited:

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
View attachment 33528Yesterday, I received an email from a guy I purchased a few SF Postcard sets off of, and he included a picture of this SGA set sealed. He asked what it was and how much it was worth? Any ideas?

Seems to be a difficult set to come by. Perhaps he's the one with the set listed on ebay currently for $39.99 OBO? I've been looking for this for some time for my Bonds collection. I plan to put in a BO shortly.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
View attachment 33528Yesterday, I received an email from a guy I purchased a few SF Postcard sets off of, and he included a picture of this SGA set sealed. He asked what it was and how much it was worth? Any ideas?

I posted what I know about this set back of page 57 of this thread, some scans there too. From what I can gather this set is 1994 stadium giveaway honoring the 1993 team. As far as value, I know the set is a bit rare because Beckett lists it as "cards", I think I bought mine for around $20, but could go as high as $40 if you really need it to fill a hole in a collection.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I posted what I know about this set back of page 57 of this thread, some scans there too. From what I can gather this set is 1994 stadium giveaway honoring the 1993 team. As far as value, I know the set is a bit rare because Beckett lists it as "cards", I think I bought mine for around $20, but could go as high as $40 if you really need it to fill a hole in a collection.
Thanks for the info and pics Ron! I've had these on my Bonds CL for many years and wasn't even sure what they looked like. I made an offer of $20 for the sealed set that is currently on ebay and the seller countered with $34.99. Looks like perhaps $30 is the best price I'd be able to get at the moment.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
I'm searching for a few Star cards: 1990 Nova Promo, 1992 Silver Promo, and the "glossy" versions of the 2 attached pictures. Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1412841227.582847.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1412841247.303524.jpg

Keeping the thread going w some recent pickups...

Anyone still on here collecting him ?

Anyone on here selling anything ?

Ryan

Members online