Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90 Donruss blue??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I posted this question a few years back on another forum and I did not get a definitive answer. About 3 or 4 years ago I did a Google search and came across a guy selling cards on his own website. No pics, just a search engine for players and a list of all mixed companies. Under the O’neill category was a card that said Paul O’neill 1990 Donruss Blue Proof with original envelope. I don’t remember the exact price but it was cheap enough to take a chance at it being something. There was no real communication with the seller just put it in the cart and pay via Paypal. This card was put away for years since I last inquired about it. Now my question is do I have a legitimate item here or is just a conversation piece. It looks like it was cut by caveman scissors and is blank backed. Someone did asearch on the address of the envelope but no true answers. Anybody have an idea if this is anything special?
OneillBlue.jpg

Oneillenvelope.jpg

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Wow!! Thanks for the heads up. So this could be something. I have to find out about this envelope now. It's good to know Beckett grades this so it may have legitimacy.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Wow!! Thanks for the heads up. So this could be something. I have to find out about this envelope now. It's good to know Beckett grades this so it may have legitimacy.

The seller I listed has a bunch. He may even have more O'Neil's so you may want to contact him.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
The seller I listed has a bunch. He may even have more O'Neil's so you may want to contact him.

I've chatted with the seller through email. He is a Sandberg collector who picked up a bunch of these proofs through various collectors over the years. He is willing to sell me his Sandberg proofs, but I would need a small loan to buy them.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I have a few of these from 1998 Fleer including:
Tom Brunansky
Shawon Dunston
Lance Johnson
Mark Langston
Jack MCDowell
Bob Ojeda
Jeff Reardon
Bret Saberhagen
Benito Santiago
Kevin Seitzer

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Tom Brunansky
Shawon Dunston
Lance Johnson
Mark Langston
Jack MCDowell
Bob Ojeda
Jeff Reardon
Bret Saberhagen
Benito Santiago
Kevin Seitzer

Are those paper or cardboard?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I want to say they're cardboard with full backs, can't remember and I don't have scan of the back, I'd have to dig them out from where ever the heck I stored them. I bought them in a lot because it included Robby Thompson.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I want to say they're cardboard with full backs, can't remember and I don't have scan of the back, I'd have to dig them out from where ever the heck I stored them. I bought them in a lot because it included Robby Thompson.
This card in question in the OP is paper. I wish you had some Yankees with those Fleer cards.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
This card in question in the OP is paper. I wish you had some Yankees with those Fleer cards.

Found my Thompson, cardboard with full 1988 back. My guess is that Fleer tested their color on the cardboard and Donruss used paper, or maybe they're from different stages in the printing process. 1990 was an odd year for Donruss with all of their Aqueous tests.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Tom Brunansky
Shawon Dunston
Lance Johnson
Mark Langston
Jack MCDowell
Bob Ojeda
Jeff Reardon
Bret Saberhagen
Benito Santiago
Kevin Seitzer

I'd be very interested in the Dunston if you can locate them and willing to part with it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online