Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I can’t imagine the Cardinals can beat that. Unless they pay all the ��. Assuming that Stanton even approves a trade to STL.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I can’t imagine the Cardinals can beat that. Unless they pay all the ��. Assuming that Stanton even approves a trade to STL.

They could if the trade was centered around Reyes.

However, the rumors I've read have Alcantara as the centerpiece. That just ain't gonna git-r-done.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
#SFGiants' reported full player package offered for #Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton -- their top 4 prospects:
3B/SS Christian Arroyo
OF/1B Chris Shaw
RHP Tyler Beede
OF Heliot Ramos

WOW! I'm amazed they are offering so much, considering the fact they are also going to pay a quarter billion of his contract too.

I don't know what the giants r thinking

Still agree with you.

The size of their payroll & completely annihilated farm system is gonna hurt that future.

Although if they can also get Ohtani then a wild card spot isn't out of the question (still a bit of a stretch since Ohtani will spend time in the minors and who knows what he'll be able to do at the major league level)

If there eating all of his money freakin crazy.

Almost all of it.

They could if the trade was centered around Reyes.

However, the rumors I've read have Alcantara as the centerpiece. That just ain't gonna git-r-done.

At this point it's just up to Stanton. Marlins have agreed to both offers

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The giants stripping down their already weak system for one guy who can opt out soon? Why?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
The giants stripping down their already weak system for one guy who can opt out soon? Why?

Don't know. Nothing about it makes sense and it hasn't since the start. If the Giants hadn't stayed in it this long I would have thought it was all scuttlebutt trying to drive up the Cardinals' offer.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Don't know. Nothing about it makes sense and it hasn't since the start. If the Giants hadn't stayed in it this long I would have thought it was all scuttlebutt trying to drive up the Cardinals' offer.
Or Dodgers. That's where Stanton obviously wants to go

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Radio reports out of SF have the GM saying the "framework is in place" for the trade, now it seems to be up to Stanton...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Radio reports out of SF have the GM saying the "framework is in place" for the trade, now it seems to be up to Stanton...

Framework was in place five days ago. For the Cardinals and Giants.

Everyone is just waiting on Stanton to make up his mind at this point.

Hurry the f*ck up already.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Are you hoping that the Cardinals get him or are you against such a trade?

Or does it really not matter one way or another?

I do hope the Cardinals get him, but I’m not going to be upset in the slightest if they don’t.

If Stanton goes to the Giants or Dodgers, that works for me too because it’s going to really hurt both of those franchises financially for years, so that’s a win for the Cardinals too.

St. Louis’ financial situation for the next several years is fantastic, and then taking on Stanton’s contract wouldn’t be that big of a hit.

But the way I look at it, wherever Stanton lands except for the Dodgers, it’s just going to be a three year deal anyway.

This will really hurt the Giants if he goes there though.

Members online

Latest posts