Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just found a pretty cool lineup card in my collection - Any Blue Jays fans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey,

Over the years I have picked up hundreds of lineup cards. I've been fortunate to be able to pick up a few collections that came from managers or umpires, and when picking up 100+ at a time, it's not always obvious which ones are important.

Looking through some lineup cards tonight I noticed that the dates on a few Phillies lineup cards from 1993 were from October. Checking closer I found that they were Playoff lineup cards, mostly from the Braves-Phillies series. Now playoff lineup cards are pretty cool, but when they are from a series between 2 teams that did not win the World Series, they are a little less interesting.

Looking further though, I noticed one with some AL players. Checking the date I was able to confirm that it was from Game 2 of the 1993 World Series between the Phillies and Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays were legit stacked with Rickey Henderson, Paul Molitor, Joe Carter, John Olerud, Roberto Alomar etc!

Thought it was a pretty cool find!

IMG_4430.JPG

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's really awesome. Was that one written by an umpire? The several ones my brother has were written by managers who signed the bottom, and have players names' crossed out as lineup changes are made throughout the game.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That's really awesome. Was that one written by an umpire? The several ones my brother has were written by managers who signed the bottom, and have players names' crossed out as lineup changes are made throughout the game.

These are definitely a different style. They look like mini versions of the larger lineup card that hangs in the dugout.

Between it having been folded in half and the fact it came from Fregosi I assume it was what he was using.

Don’t know enough about his handwriting to make any claims on who wrote it.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board