Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
So should I be excited about the Twins pick? I know nothing about him other than he's a high school pitcher.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Damn skippy, hippie. Best HS arm.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sean Manaea to KC, in Round A of the Competitive Balance. Does he sign????

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[MENTION=6797]VandyDan[/MENTION] -- there goes your boy Ziomek to the Tigers in the 2nd!

Happy about this choice?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I like Tim Anderson for the White Sox, they don't exactly have a glut of athletic toolsy guys in their organization. Looks like Tyler Danish is a reach from reading top 100 lists but who knows. Last time they took a kid with great stuff and a weird delivery he panned out pretty well.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
@VandyDan -- there goes your boy Ziomek to the Tigers in the 2nd!

Happy about this choice?

Oh indeed. the Tigers have picked quite a few Commodores the past couple years, Drew VerHagen, Will Clinard, Aaron Westlake, Curt Casali...so he'll have some good company in ST.

It's also nice that I'll be able to see him in the NYP, provided that's where they put him.

Only downside to this draft is that the guy I bought in the most on got drafted by the Rays. If only I knew a bigtime prospecter that liked the Rays...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Appreciate the thoughts, but I'll be going after his Chrome Autos in uniform.

I bet Jon Denney wasn't thrilled - he was in attendance and didn't get picked.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Appreciate the thoughts, but I'll be going after his Chrome Autos in uniform.

I bet Jon Denney wasn't thrilled - he was in attendance and didn't get picked.

Draft-wise this was a subpar result for me in terms of who went where. Unroe, Boldt, Ciuffo, Peterson--I would have hoped for more collected teams that the Mariners and Rays, but what can you do. Still have around a dozen watchers for the handful of their cards I have up, hopefully should break even at least.

But on the plus side, I don't have to worry about using the profits to start a Jordan Sheffield PC--got that one in the bag, haha.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Since you follow this stuff, JP, who were you surprised didn't get picked (besides Denney).

I can't believe Bobby Wahl is still there. He screams quality 3-4 starter and soon. Ditto for Boldt and Andrew Mitchell.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Since you follow this stuff, JP, who were you surprised didn't get picked (besides Denney).

I can't believe Bobby Wahl is still there. He screams quality 3-4 starter and soon. Ditto for Boldt and Andrew Mitchell.

Kyle Serrano, although I believe he's a tough sign. Trey Masek is another, as is Rowdy Tellez.