Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SF Giants talk and collecting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The online Topps Bunt finally made a 2015 Duffy "digital card" and if you look closely, the 2013 Panini Prizm Draft Picks #39 is our Duffy, even though they list him as the Astros Duffy. Fingers crossed that Topps Update gets him in. Major fail so far for all manufacturers, especially since he played in the post season last year...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATT-DUFFY-...9-GRADED-10-/351214261777?hash=item51c6005611

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-TOPPS-...INSERT-CARD-/121719433630?hash=item1c570b299e

The first time I saw that Prizm card I thought he had originally been drafted by Houston and the Giants acquired him somehow

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
A few adds...
Wellemeyer was a forgettable Giant. He started the 2010 season in the rotation, and kept the 5th spot warm for MadBum, who was called up mid-season when Wellemeyer got hurt.
2003Wellemeyer25.jpg

I guess we'll see where Kelby ends up. A fun card here. It was never released in packs, but was apparently printed with the intention of having Kelby sign. For whatever reason, the Topps folks decided to not have Kelby sign and scrapped the cards. However, some got out and a collector bought it and got the real Kelby to auto it at a minor league game this season.

2012Tomlinson.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
A few adds...
Wellemeyer was a forgettable Giant. They started the 2010 season in the rotation, and kept the 5th spot warm for MadBum, who was called up mid-season when Wellemeyer got hurt.
View attachment 53606

I guess we'll see where Kelby ends up. A fun card here. It was never released in packs, but was apparently printed with the intention of having Kelby sign. For whatever reason, the Topps folks decided to not have Kelby sign and scrapped the cards. However, some got out and a collector bought it and got the real Kelby to auto it at a minor league game this season.

View attachment 53607

Nice Tomlinson! I dunno how much longer he'll be up but he has had some good moments

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
With Juan Marichal and Tom Seaver in attendance at today's Giants game, Madison Bumgarner threw a shutout and hit a homer. Wow.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Just picked up this 2015 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor #/50 auto rookie of Hunter Strickland. This will replace the 2015 Topps Silver Frame #/20 (that I picked up just a few months ago :/) in my Giants active/alumni rookie collection.

2015Strickland50.jpg

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Maybe Duffy's cards will be affordable after all, with his production declining and the Giants falling out of contention.

He's not going to win the ROY. That's easy to see right now.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
The season is hosed due to injuries.

How would things have looked if Pence and Aoki didn't get bones broken due to HBPs?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Injuries and that staff outside of Bum. A bunch of guys who can give u 5 solid innings wore the pen out so early

Yeah, the staff hurt the team too, but the offence performed at a level in the first half that hid that fact. Once the offence got dinged up with injuries, there was no hiding the bad pitching.

Bum's solid. Leake's good. I like Heston, even though he's running out of gas (rookie gas tank). Peavy's good for 5 solid innings.

Huddy's done. Voggy's done. Lincecum's probably done.

Cain... I don't know. Dude looks all messed up. Kruk and Kuip say that due to the surgery, he's having to learn to pitch all over again, since he pretty much pitched most of his career with those bone-chips preventing him from getting full extension in his pitching arm. Now he has it, but his mechanics are all off.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Yeah, the staff hurt the team too, but the offence performed at a level in the first half that hid that fact. Once the offence got dinged up with injuries, there was no hiding the bad pitching.

Bum's solid. Leake's good. I like Heston, even though he's running out of gas (rookie gas tank). Peavy's good for 5 solid innings.

Huddy's done. Voggy's done. Lincecum's probably done.

Cain... I don't know. Dude looks all messed up. Kruk and Kuip say that due to the surgery, he's having to learn to pitch all over again, since he pretty much pitched most of his career with those bone-chips preventing him from getting full extension in his pitching arm. Now he has it, but his mechanics are all off.

If Peavy is a 5 then I can live with that but this year he's mostly been a 3rd. Hes got a lot of heart but his contract is terrible. I wanna see leake get resigned and maybe one more solid 4 type. But u can't predict injuries so who knows. I hated management not bringing up a starter for the future, it pissed me off watching Voggy throw lately, Stratton or Beede or Mejia or u or I could have been almost as effective

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Mentioned these in a separate thread, but here's a project I'm working on. Picked up some of those Superfractor proofs on eBay of the local guys and was able to get them signed at various times. Still have some more I'm working on, but here's who I've been able to get so far:

Attachments

• AdrianzaSuper.jpg
    AdrianzaSuper.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 8
  • BeltBowPlatFront.jpg
    BeltBowPlatFront.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 8
  • BeltBowPlatBack.jpg
    BeltBowPlatBack.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PenceSuper.jpg
    PenceSuper.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PenceSuperBack.jpg
    PenceSuperBack.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 8
  • TimmyBCOrange.jpg
    TimmyBCOrange.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 8

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Ugh. Chalk this up to the "Curse of the Odd Number Year".

"Best" lineup from 2015, with their present status:

1) Aoki = out with concussion
2) Panik = out with back injury
3) Duffy
4) Posey
5) Pence = out with oblique injury
6) Belt = out with concussion
7) Crawford = day-to-day with oblique and leg injuries
8) Blanco = out with concussion

Members online

Latest posts