Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC sellers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Just like many of the other complaints. I recently tried to offer on a chrome auto. I sent an offer for three bucks below the offer price (I was ready to pay the list price, but was seeing if they could negotiate.) So I got an email that they declined and I logged back in to purchase it. However, the price was now bumped up by 5 bucks to a price I do not want to pay. It was a 35 dollar card or so and I offered 32.

That seller has now lost by business forever and will never purchase from them again.

F' ing ridiculous. If this was ebay, oh the scathing message they would receive from me.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Why don't you post what seller that is. What you describe happens for a variety of reasons - some are legitimate and others are not.

Your title makes it sound like all sellers on COMC suck, whereas it was really just one. My experience is that a few do.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Why don't you post what seller that is. What you describe happens for a variety of reasons - some are legitimate and others are not.

Your title makes it sound like all sellers on COMC suck, whereas it was really just one. My experience is that a few do.

Agreed, be specific! Don't paint all sellers with the same brush. You clearly haven't submitted any offers on any of my cards. Until you give me the opportunity to reject and reprice something, I don't belong to that club.

Here you go: http://www.comc.com/users/daclyde

I'll wait.

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Ha that old thread was one that I started, yes I find this practice frustrating, I don't know why sellers think that this is a good way to conduct business. I actually overall love COMC but I do think that their prices have cycled up a little bit. But I think as sellers sit on their cards longer and more copies come onto the site it will settle things down again. Also I've found it helps to just be willing to walk away if it's not the deal you want, usually with patience you can get the card your looking for, at the price you want to pay.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I think I've maybe raised the price of one of my cards once, at most twice, and both times it's been because I priced it incorrectly at the get go, and adjusted it to market price.

Rarely anything I have isn't either the lowest priced on the site or the only one, and I'm always down to move inventory

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
F' ing ridiculous. If this was ebay, oh the scathing message they would receive from me.

c469d0a82cc6831ce4ec7adb4f9c8451893d609c7cba15aea2b401918223dbf3.jpg

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Of course, the other part of your sentence was,,, I was willing to pay the full price.

If you knew it was a good deal, why give the seller an alert they may have underpriced an item. Grab said item and move on.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Of course, the other part of your sentence was,,, I was willing to pay the full price.

If you knew it was a good deal, why give the seller an alert they may have underpriced an item. Grab said item and move on.
It wasn't a good deal. The original price would've been about ebay maybe slightly above. Why not try to save that little extra credit so I can get something else too. Smh.
If only COMC had a message board. Oh, imagine the fun that could be had. So many sellers would be publicly called-out for being morons.
So true, so true.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012

The seller was Amberkow or something very similar to that.

I didn't not mean to state that all sellers suck :) I know that plenty are very good sellers (I myself sell on there and accept virtually any offer I receive.) It just seems like quite a few sellers are starting to do this.
Agreed, be specific! Don't paint all sellers with the same brush. You clearly haven't submitted any offers on any of my cards. Until you give me the opportunity to reject and reprice something, I don't belong to that club.

Here you go: http://www.comc.com/users/daclyde

I'll wait.
You don't really have anything I'm looking for. I have made quite a bit of credit after my submission so I'm trying to buy a few higher end cards instead of lower end stuff.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
You don't really have anything I'm looking for. I have made quite a bit of credit after my submission so I'm trying to buy a few higher end cards instead of lower end stuff.

Well then, I think we have identified your problem. You're collecting the wrong stuff! If you were collecting the stuff I sell, you wouldn't be having these problems. Just sayin....

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Gotcha - there are a couple of guys on the site notorious for doing what you describe and this isn't one of them.

Check out Maskerede - I bought some nice stuff from him last night and he had some other deals I was tempted to pull the trigger on.

The seller was Amberkow or something very similar to that.

I didn't not mean to state that all sellers suck :) I know that plenty are very good sellers (I myself sell on there and accept virtually any offer I receive.) It just seems like quite a few sellers are starting to do this.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Gotcha - there are a couple of guys on the site notorious for doing what you describe and this isn't one of them.

Check out Maskerede - I bought some nice stuff from him last night and he had some other deals I was tempted to pull the trigger on.

Since November I think I've added $400 in credit. Of that, 95% has gone to Maskerede. He had some great deals on 2012/2013 Panini USA cards. When he does sales he does not mess around.

Members online