Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps presents to you, MLB OFFICIAL EVENT USED......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have given up even trying to reason with some of the things that are made, but not just made, purchased! I can see a serious Machado or Padres collector wanting anything issued, including something like this. I can also see a small percentage of the collecting population wanting it for the uniqueness of it (like those pen tip cards), even though it is completely irrelevant to the sport itself. Instead of bats, will we see chips of wood from tables that were covered by table cloths that contracts were signed upon? How about a little wall paint scraped from the room where the table sat, on which a cloth was placed for the sacred signing of the contract?

Anyway, and I don't know the answer, but I am going to bet the buy price for these are already ridiculous and I also assume they will sell out at that ridiculous price they are asking. That is why I have given up trying to figure it all out.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
I love stuff like this just for the uniqueness however for $10 at best not the lowest number being $40. That’s just insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You'd think topps would pick up a Padres jersey off the rack and have him wear it for 5 seconds. At least it would be event worn.

Pete Rose style. He switched more jerseys to sell than hits, and that's a lot! ;)

Its getting so goofy I wouldn't mind if Topps just did some kind of joke instead. For example, Game Used ankle chippings from a guy he spiked. Better lolz than a tablecloth.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
no joke - not even a tanner one. Topps is ripping you off for $40 to $800 (depending on numbering) and my quick math says there are 191 swatches cut up for this version of Topps Now.

If you want a table cloth, go buy one for much less on amazon. ;)

I wonder how long before Topps will cut up and sell table cloths and posters and signs, etc. from their Transcendant event fancy dinner.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
no joke - not even a tanner one. Topps is ripping you off for $40 to $800 (depending on numbering) and my quick math says there are 191 swatches cut up for this version of Topps Now.
If you want a table cloth, go buy one for much less on amazon. ;)
I wonder how long before Topps will cut up and sell table cloths and posters and signs, etc. from their Transcendant event fancy dinner.

I guess this is the perfect size tablecloth for those guys who have stomach stapled surgery. You could fit the same amount of cheese on that swatch that a mousetrap could hold. :)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I was too amazed at first by the tablecloth to notice how everything else is wrong with the card. I haven't broken down a Topps card in a while to explain why they suck so I will go into it instead of the repetitive "thanks Topps" I usually do. :)

1.Topps gets a pic where his face is in the shadows and it looks like he is about to sneeze.
2.They then color the rest of the card like a Taco Bell bathroom from the 90s.
3."signs largest FA contract in NA sports history" I don't think this is true. If they're talking about per year then guys like Lebron and Trout make more, and if they're talking about total $ then guys like Canelo and Schlongcarlo make more.
4.Centering of the swatch is just bad... should be more to the left on the card.
5.If you do a card about a milestone moment just put the date the moment happened, NOT when you printed the card?!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The picture should be wider and show the tablecloth he’s sitting at, so it matches and has more appeal, but that would make too much sense. It’s like when Topps uses a picture of a player on another team than the swatch is from.
I thought the swatch was a part of his blue hat until I read otherwise.

Topps probably just rushed after the news conference and bought whatever crap there was available for a card, which was a tablecloth, and the pictures were already taken.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Isn't Feb 22nd when he signed the contract with San Diego ? The silly thing in the top right hand corner of the card ? :confused:

That comment of mine could be wrong, I thought that specific presser was the 20th or 21st and that Topps was back to doing the "a day in our history" sht that they have done in the past. If the presser did happen today (still 22nd PST) then I remove #5. :oops:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The picture should be wider and show the tablecloth he’s sitting at, so it matches and has more appeal, but that would make too much sense. It’s like when Topps uses a picture of a player on another team than the swatch is from.

Yes, plus I can't imagine this tablecloth holding its value compared to the Harper 320mil tablecloth or the upcoming 350mil Mookie Betts tablecloth or the opt out Mike Trout 400mil+ tablecloth.

The only way with tablecloth can have nice ROI is if future historians discover small amounts of Taco Del Mar in it.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Before it's TOO late, you can still get the numbered to 49 for $69.99 or the non-table cloth card for only $9.99.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts