Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This game used bat is Chuck Norris Approved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
The pictures say it all, pretty much. This bat, a 2015 Victus bat used by Jonny Gomes while with the Braves, appeared on eBay two weeks ago, and arrived today. I've heard of Gomes doing cool things with his bat barrels--his pink mother's day bat with the Rays apparently said "Momma Gomes," and he apparently ordered some bats from MAX bats engraved with "Monster Slayer"--but had no idea this existed. In hindsight, there were a few hints: other bat decals (perhaps the Loch Ness variations went on the Monster Slayer bats), this Braves tweet, and this Victus bats Instagram post. They also suggest that there are other cool bats out there; hopefully some will become available with time.

If anyone has access to Getty Images, there's [URL="https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/jonny-gomes-of-the-atlanta-braves-bats-against-the-news-photo/473183372]at least one photo[/URL] that looks like it has a similar engraving.

Last photo shows the bat displayed with others of Gomes. Clearly, I need to find a way to get this signed by both Gomes and Norris.

cFGdxffl.jpg

Hd1sudbl.jpg

l4bmrWvl.jpg

MZr1WrRl.jpg

Last edited:

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks, all. [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION], interesting you should mention that. I emailed the guys at Pro Helmet Decals, due to this tweet (meant to link in the original post, now fixed). They also mentioned the Saltalamacchia decals, saying they believed they were made around the same time; judging by the engraving on the barrel ("032815M19 - JG19 - 33.5/33"), this one was made on March 28, 2015.

It would be interesting to see if Saltalamacchia put anything on his barrels as well!