Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I think what happened is that you thought all the Derrek Lees were 18 cents. Sportlots shows the lowest price on the search results screen. Only one seller had them for 18 cents. I don't think pkerplyr sells any of his that cheap. Sorry it didn't work out!
Nor do I think anybody sells any more than one or two 1998 teks cards for $.18

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Out of curiosity, do any of you team/player/set collectors want this type of set produced again? Being that its 15 years later and it's still occupying a section of hobbyists I'm wondering if its something that would come back around. I'm a Clark collector and he wasn't in Tek but I think it would bring some fun for the hunt.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I listed my Gwynn diffractor for $80.00 without obo last night just to see how many angry emails I would get from Gwynn collectors. I already received 2.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
They can always move onto the next Gwynn card, theres plenty to choose from. I thought I might sell some stuff to fund my road trip to San Diego in April.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
I listed my Gwynn diffractor for $80.00 without obo last night just to see how many angry emails I would get from Gwynn collectors. I already received 2.

If you are going to list Tek diffractors on eBay at three or four times book value, it's de rigueur that you put asterisks around rare and diffractor, like *rare* and *diffractor*, or be even more emphatic with **rare** and **diffractor**.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Lol, I really have no intention of selling it but if someone wants to pay for my night club money while I'm in San Diego then so be it.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Out of curiosity, do any of you team/player/set collectors want this type of set produced again? Being that its 15 years later and it's still occupying a section of hobbyists I'm wondering if its something that would come back around. I'm a Clark collector and he wasn't in Tek but I think it would bring some fun for the hunt.
Being an Ole Miss graduate oh so many year ago knows that any baseball player from Mississiippi State (Will Clark) sucks (Lol).. who will come out first? Mike Piazza or Will the Thrill

Last edited:

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston

What thrill could you get out of taunting the Gwynn collectors out there? I don't get it...

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
What thrill could you get out of taunting the Gwynn collectors out there? I don't get it...

I was just joking. I don't get any thrills out of taunting anybody. I thought I'd just throw a high bin out there and see if anybody hits it. I wouldn't mind keeping it in my PC. Entitled player collectors throw fits when you don't sell them a card at THEIR price.

I see Gwynn cards that I would LOVE to have but are way over priced. I just think "WOW, that's way over priced" and move on to the next card. I never feel taunted myself when seeing an over priced card.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was just joking. I don't get any thrills out of taunting anybody. I thought I'd just throw a high bin out there and see if anybody hits it. I wouldn't mind keeping it in my PC. Entitled player collectors throw fits when you don't sell them a card at THEIR price.

I see Gwynn cards that I would LOVE to have but are way over priced. I just think "WOW, that's way over priced" and move on to the next card. I never feel taunted myself when seeing an over priced card.

Listen, I'm cool with you, but by "posting and seeing how many messages you get", that's you fishing for a reaction, not just doing it see if fish bit.

That's my opinion. Just calling a spade a spade. Honestly, you can do whatever you want with your own cards.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

When I saw that Gwynn diffractor up for $80, I immediately curled up into the fetal position and crawled behind the refrigerator crying. I kept yelling out, "Why Me!" and "Everyone Hates Me!" I began to cut my arms with blades and downed a half-bottle of Advil. I slobbered my way to the couch and was just sitting down with a 2 gallon carton of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream and a can of Hershey's Syrup when I noticed your post that you were "just joking"...

...selfish much?? How could you do that to me?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
When I saw that Gwynn diffractor up for $80, I immediately curled up into the fetal position and crawled behind the refrigerator crying. I kept yelling out, "Why Me!" and "Everyone Hates Me!" I began to cut my arms with blades and downed a half-bottle of Advil. I slobbered my way to the couch and was just sitting down with a 2 gallon carton of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream and a can of Hershey's Syrup when I noticed your post that you were "just joking"...

Remember if you are..... nevermind id better not make stupid suicide jokes.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Listen, I'm cool with you, but by "posting and seeing how many messages you get", that's you fishing for a reaction, not just doing it see if fish bit.

That's my opinion. Just calling a spade a spade. Honestly, you can do whatever you want with your own cards.

Wow, I guess I won't joke about any thing on here any more. Does anybody on here really think I took the time to post a card on Ebay so I can get hate mail?

I can only imagine the type of mail griffeyfan24 gets. I have even criticized his prices but he sells his cards at 5 million times their worth. I'm selling mine for only double so it's okay :LOL:

Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California

See and this is why I LOVE Gwynn545. He has the same sick sense of humor I have. I guess it just DOESN'T translate well through words on a computer screen. I blame it on my childhood and working for the government lol

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
See and this is why I LOVE Gwynn545. He has the same sick sense of humor I have. I guess it just DOESN'T translate well through words on a computer screen. I blame it on my childhood and working for the government lol

LOL! Yeah, it's all good. But I am sorry about all the hate mail I sent ya...I usually don't swear like that, and my caps-lock really was stuck...:D

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Second email I got after respectfully declining a 35 dollar offer and stating that I wouldn't lower the price. Seems like a nice guy but you can't really tell someone what THEIR card is worth to THEM or what "reality" is based on collecting a certain player for 30 years. My "reality" is that I'll sell it for 80 or it'll remain in my binder. Plus, I have to give you guys some thing to type about at midnight.

"That is your choice. I respect that but that is not reality I have been collecting tg cards for almost thirty years. I have about 12 of the diffractors It not a big deal if I don't get this one but it would be nice to add it to my collection. If you can't sell it for what you think
It's worth let me know.
"

Members online

Latest posts