Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~ Friday Morning Thread ~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well with it snowing and my girlfriend out of town for cross country I don't have much motivation to do anything. Last night I watched 5 episodes of The Walking Dead, and so far I've watched 5 more today. I'm getting caught up on season 3 before season 4 starts next week. I also need to watch the latest season of How I Met Your Mother that was put up on Netflix this week as well. I can't watch it until my girlfriend gets back though since she likes the show too. I don't even have any motivation to walk to the student center to get some dinner :lol:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Zach, go fix your car :)

No thanks. Its snowing out there :lol: I really don't mind the snow too much, but since its the first snow of the season I'd rather not see it. I already miss wearing shorts out there :(

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Afternoon all
Those posts by tony make me sick :p
Amped about my sisler pickup
Work was a disaster and I was only gone a week. Apparently i haven't taught anyone anything or their all govt subsidized and I didn't realize. Sorry about the rant but I almost quit on the spot. So pissed

Sent from my iPhone

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Got these today.

1380932061071.jpg

Got the Niekro patch for the opening bid of .99¢…couldn't believe it.

The Dawson bat card came from my wonderful wife. We celebrated our 5th anniversary today, and the traditional 5th anniv gift is wood...hence the bat card.

Apparently she had some help trying to contact a member here to get me a really cool wood gift, but he never responded, so he has lost my business in future.

Anyway, so she got me the Dawson bat card, and a covered outdoor firewood rack I have wanted for a while now.

She also canceled her rehearsal for tonight so she could stay home with me :)

We are going out for hibachi tomorrow night to celebrate!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Got these today.

View attachment 23920

The Dawson bat card came from my wonderful wife. We celebrated our 5th anniversary today, and the traditional 5th anniv gift is wood...hence the bat card.

Apparently she had some help trying to contact a member here to get me a really cool wood gift, but he never responded, so he has lost my business in future.

Anyway, so she got me the Dawson bat card, and a covered outdoor firewood rack I have wanted for a while now.

That's pretty cool. I like how she tried and the thought of it. Hope you two have an enjoyable evening :)

Sent from my iPhone

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
(Help Dustin) Count some Andre Dawson cards!

I'm pretty sure that couldn't be done with just a weekends worth of time.;)

Or I could just watch some TV.

Hoarders.jpg

Hey guys, I am almost done counting my Dawson cards lol. Probably have less that 2000 left to count and separate and I have about 15 left to catalog. Taking a break this weekend to spend some time with my boy. If the rain holds out going to the zoo tomorrow and playing some disc golf. Went out to eat tonight and picked up a DVD. Man I sure could have used some help at the beginning lol.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Got these today.

View attachment 23920

Awesome card and awesome thoughtfulness! Congrats on both fronts!

Can I ask why you like them? I am genuinely curious.

I am always excited about new Dawson cards. Am I happy that Topps has monopolized logo cards? No. Does it make non logo cards less attractive? Yes. Is Panini trying? Yes. I like the Prizms, I like the rainbows they made with it. I like the new cards. I like how they are trying to use photos that would hide the majority of the uniforms logos. I love the Cubs, but I don't collect the Cubs, I collect Andre Dawson. I like seeing his name and number on the back of his jersey on the card, looks cool to me. I like the new Hometown Heroes cards, especially the Nicknames card, yes it is kind of Topps Kids cartoonish, and I like how the cards have parallels. As most of you know, I am a unique collector and I like them. I was not a fan of the Upper Deck Goodwins Champion, but I bought them anyways.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
HUGE shoutout and thanks :) to [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] !!!

Got this beauty in the mail today, which was a very generous gift! I appreciate it!!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1380934551.743377.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.