Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Promos and Samples

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Nope! I rarely look. It's only when I see a base on COMC and the price is outta whack that I pay attention. Paid $25 for the Greenwell. It catches your attention when you see an otherwise 50 cent card for $25 LOL

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Nope! I rarely look. It's only when I see a base on COMC and the price is outta whack that I pay attention. Paid $25 for the Greenwell. It catches your attention when you see an otherwise 50 cent card for $25 LOL

I have searched every 1990 and 1991 Score that could potentially be a sample on COMC, and haven't found one. Hard to do when there are 60 copies of a given card, but you just never know where things will pop up.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, both times I've found Score Samples on COMC the seller knew exactly what they had. The first time it was harder to find because COMC did not recognize the card as a sample... I just happened to see a seller with weird stuff have two base cards in the middle of his cool stuff. When I clicked on them he was asking ten times what the other base cards were going for. This time COMC did recognize the Greenwell as a sample and it appears as though the seller looked at ebay ended auctions to come up with the $25 number. I think Greenwell has a following though...

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Well, since there isn't an "80's Promos & Samples" thread, I'm going to post this here. Straight from the "I never knew these existed until the other day" files, here is an '88 OPC black back proof. This fell into my lap when I was discussing a PSA 9 '91 OPC Box Bottom Butler. I love when this kind of stuff happens.

14xgoes.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Well, since there isn't an "80's Promos & Samples" thread, I'm going to post this here. Straight from the "I never knew these existed until the other day" files, here is an '88 OPC black back proof. This fell into my lap when I was discussing a PSA 9 '91 OPC Box Bottom Butler. I love when this kind of stuff happens.

14xgoes.jpg

That is pretty cool! Do you have any other info on these? Any other players out there?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

14xgoes.jpg

Very nice. I have heard there is a Puckett in this variation but I have never seen it. Any access to more players?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here's what is, I think, Biggio un marked triple play promo.

The one on the left has the faint triple play logo.

Attachments

• 1398617313554.jpg
    1398617313554.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24
Jan 14, 2009

I had sold a ton of these in 2007 or so, in fact, I think I had nearly half the Dodgers team set like this. I remember a die-hard OPC collector contacting me telling me that these were sheet-cut printer's scrap. They said that there was a large quantity of the un-inked 88 sheets removed and cut/sold. I heard something similar about the 1988 Topps blackless backs too.

Members online

Latest posts