Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Hey guys,

Real quick question for you all. I recently submitted a bunch of cards and today the first one went live (took them almost a month to get the first card updated and only got one up so whoever said the submission times were getting faster....). Anyways, I went to price and I priced it at 6 bucks but it added .45 to my price instead of the normal .25. So are they now adding .45 cents to each card for shipping? It's always been .25.

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Hey guys,

Real quick question for you all. I recently submitted a bunch of cards and today the first one went live (took them almost a month to get the first card updated and only got one up so whoever said the submission times were getting faster....). Anyways, I went to price and I priced it at 6 bucks but it added .45 to my price instead of the normal .25. So are they now adding .45 cents to each card for shipping? It's always been .25.

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks.

Is it oversized?

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I think it has to do with it being a thick card. They store them in top-loaders, so the shipping charge has a top-loader added to it.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I think it has to do with it being a thick card. They store them in top-loaders, so the shipping charge has a top-loader added to it.

For Immaculate patch cards? Thats pretty ridiculous and they don't specify the types of cards that are "too thick" I mean its only .20 cents but thats a pretty sh**y business model to not specific what products/sets are not elgible for .25 processing.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Not too mention the fact that everyone had been saying processing was sped up and now its been a month and ONE card has been processed out of my submissoin. Clearly processing is just as slow. A bit disappointed in that.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
This brings me to another question about COMC for you experts. Say I ship 100 cards to them as my first ever submission. What should I realistically expect the wait time to be until they list all my cards and I can begin selling?

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
This brings me to another question about COMC for you experts. Say I ship 100 cards to them as my first ever submission. What should I realistically expect the wait time to be until they list all my cards and I can begin selling?

I'm thinking of starting to use them as well, so curious to see how people feel about them.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Their normal storage model doesn't allow for super thick cards to be stored with regular sized cards. They have to be stored in top loaders. I'm not sure what you mean by "not eligible for .25 processing" as the cost you are talking about is a shipping charge. I'm guessing based on my previous experience that this is why you see the .45 charge, but the best answer would come from COMC if you were to contact them.

For Immaculate patch cards? Thats pretty ridiculous and they don't specify the types of cards that are "too thick" I mean its only .20 cents but thats a pretty sh**y business model to not specific what products/sets are not elgible for .25 processing.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
My most recent orders are popping pretty quick. I sent some cards in using the Select service (2 weeks) and had 75% of the cards up in less than two days. The others trickled in over the next week or so, but the submission finished in eight days. I sent stuff in I could ask more than $10.00 for, so it's nice to get your newer hits on the site faster.

I have two Basic orders in right now. The first is due 2/25 and was received on New Year's eve. They have processed 121 of 355 cards submitted after 16 days. This has been my experience recently with other subs. You get a nice hit at the 2 week mark and then various amounts going live over the next few weeks. The last few cards usually trickle into the account in the last week.

My other batch was received January 5th and has a due date of 3/2. Nothing live from that group yet.

I've heard many people saying the processing has sped up. It's definitely quicker than it was six months ago, as most of the basic batches were taking the full two months. Out of curiosity, what does the progress percentage say for the batch under processing status in your dashboard.

Not too mention the fact that everyone had been saying processing was sped up and now its been a month and ONE card has been processed out of my submissoin. Clearly processing is just as slow. A bit disappointed in that.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
My most recent orders are popping pretty quick. I sent some cards in using the Select service (2 weeks) and had 75% of the cards up in less than two days. The others trickled in over the next week or so, but the submission finished in eight days. I sent stuff in I could ask more than $10.00 for, so it's nice to get your newer hits on the site faster.

I have two Basic orders in right now. The first is due 2/25 and was received on New Year's eve. They have processed 121 of 355 cards submitted after 16 days. This has been my experience recently with other subs. You get a nice hit at the 2 week mark and then various amounts going live over the next few weeks. The last few cards usually trickle into the account in the last week.

My other batch was received January 5th and has a due date of 3/2. Nothing live from that group yet.

I've heard many people saying the processing has sped up. It's definitely quicker than it was six months ago, as most of the basic batches were taking the full two months. Out of curiosity, what does the progress percentage say for the batch under processing status in your dashboard.

The only reason I submitted this amount was because people had stated that the percentagle time was sped up (my mistake).
BTW, it has said 10% or 12% for the past month or 6 weeks. And has only processed one card. Pretty disappointing IMO.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL

I was under the impression that you had to wait until your entire batch of cards were listed and ready until you could begin selling. Is that wrong? Can you begin selling as each card is individually listed?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I was under the impression that you had to wait until your entire batch of cards were listed and ready until you could begin selling. Is that wrong? Can you begin selling as each card is individually listed?

They make the cards available as they are processed.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012

See this is what I had heard. That about 1/4-1/3 get processed at about the mid point. I have one and I'm basically right at the mid point. Just frustrating. Hopefully they run a really sweet Natty special.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
Is that recently? The last time I had that experience was in August/September. The processing has been steadily improving since September, most of my recent batches (3-5 per month) are seeing a large portion 20-30% go live around two weeks and then fits and spurts until the end. Of course, there are a lot of variables involved that can delay processing.

During my three submissions, a few were made available just before the anticipated end date, and the bulk were available right at the date. 60 day is about the normal wait time.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Is that recently? The last time I had that experience was in August/September. The processing has been steadily improving since September, most of my recent batches (3-5 per month) are seeing a large portion 20-30% go live around two weeks and then fits and spurts until the end. Of course, there are a lot of variables involved that can delay processing.
You must just be having good luck. I am hoping at least SOMETHING besides my one card that they over charged me for pops before the end date.
When you say valued $10 or less, are you referring to book value or sale value? Obviously that is a big difference.
Sale value.

Members online

Latest posts