Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Panini National Treasures Baseball Big Hit Tracker - Update 4/17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I believe the Paige is from a 1965ish? jersey when he was a coach with the Braves. I believe DLP has been using this jersey since 2004 Leaf Certified Materials.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
You would think that Panini and others would video document the cutting of patches/bats/buttons and the likes and after a few months after product release, let the customers see their items being produced. I understand we wouldnt be able to see the actual insertion into the card (possible trade secret) but watch the item being cut and readied for production.

Fordman

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Which one you got?

3/5

2_zps18e46509.jpg

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
You would think that Panini and others would video document the cutting of patches/bats/buttons and the likes and after a few months after product release, let the customers see their items being produced. I understand we wouldnt be able to see the actual insertion into the card (possible trade secret) but watch the item being cut and readied for production.

Fordman

They put out videos on youtube of them acquiring and cutting up a hockey stick and the whole process it goes through. It's really cool, but I agree, would be neat to see how they did some of these sick cards for NT.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Fordman

Yea, personally I think that's a little much but showing a video or two of the process would be cool and easy. I don't see why they couldn't show a picture of the jersey or bat they used to produce the card though... I think there was a release in the 2000s which showed the item used to make the memo on the back of the card. It just helps the collector feel better about getting soemthing which is real IMO.

A_Pharis

Wow... now that was COOL! I am surprised how many steps there are... I guess now you have to respect getting a memo card like that in mint condition... so many steps after the card is cut that I'm surprised more cards aren't damaged or have dinged corners, etc.

Thanks for sharing Adam!

This is why it makes me chuckle when people make huge deals out of chips on cards coming out of packs.
"THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MINT, DAMNIT"

"No, and that's why mint cards carry a premium."

I'm actually surprised most cards come out of manufacturing with as little damage as they do.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
This Foxx cut auto booklet is amazing [phil]350752125340[/phil] - I think that is GU Glove and if so that's even more awesome.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This Foxx cut auto booklet is amazing [phil]350752125340[/phil] - I think that is GU Glove and if so that's even more awesome.

I personally am not a fan of this. I just think cut's like this don't look amazing IMO. Now, if that is a glove in that window, that part is amazing. Just not a fan of the cut side... maybe his cuts are SUPER hard to come by, then I'll just take a back seat :)

Members online