Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For those who say "who cares about Pinnacle?"...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
2013 Pinnacle George Brett Clear Vision Home RUN Royals | eBay

$T2eC16N,!)EE9s2ufhUEBSFov8qrhg~~60_12.JPG

$141.49

I've busted two boxes of it and enjoyed them immensly.

Player collectors are going hard after these SSP Clear Vision cards

I believe the Home Run version is either a 1/1 or something like 1/10 or 1/5. I do know the "Cycle" version of a player is a 1/1.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
My best selling product this summer!

Well worth it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I doubt it and you're totally jumping the gun with an assumption on the print run. If it ain't stated on the card, we've learned time and time again, it's pretty much meaningless and negatively impacts value. I imagine it must be some added cost to the company to put print runs on the cards because they fail to do it many times. Known scarity is much better than perceived in my opinion.

What you found is a complete outlier here. What is more likely the case (than people actually caring about Pinnacle) is that someone wanted it and put in a very large high bid and someone who wanted it at the end put in a large snipe or bid to assure themselves the win and that price is what it took for one of them to outdo the other and it was probably by mistake. I'd venture to guess the buyer was none too happy to see that price pop as what it would take to get it.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I doubt it and you're totally jumping the gun with an assumption on the print run. If it ain't stated on the card, we've learned time and time again, it's pretty much meaningless and negatively impacts value. I imagine it must be some added cost to the company to put print runs on the cards because they fail to do it many times. Known scarity is much better than perceived in my opinion.

What you found is a complete outlier here. What is more likely the case (than people actually caring about Pinnacle) is that someone wanted it and put in a very large high bid and someone who wanted it at the end put in a large snipe or bid to assure themselves the win and that price is what it took for one of them to outdo the other and it was probably by mistake. I'd venture to guess the buyer was none too happy to see that price pop as what it would take to get it.

Lol, didn't take long to drum up that theory did it

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Will say that panini is doing an AWFUL job promoting the ssp inserts and break down of clear visions.

So because of this, here's my un official thoughts on their scarcity.

Essence of the game seems to be the "easiest" of the sp inserts followed by hit king.

The naturals appear to be hard as do the skyline inserts.

But if you ask me, z team takes the cake as number one htf non parallel ssp insert.

Edit: forgot that the team pinnacle inserts come with either side dufexed. No clue if either version is rarer.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Garbage? Are you really going to tell me that Brett looks like garbage? That thing is sweet!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Lol, didn't take long to drum up that theory did it

No offense, I mean everyone is entitled to a view of things. I just find this much more plausible than the idea that collectors care about a Panini product. No unlicensed product has ever been embraced by collectors and I don't see that ever changing.

I'll admit though, I WISH you were onto something and there were se other it that might retain collector's attention!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No offense, I mean everyone is entitled to a view of things. I just find this much more plausible than the idea that collectors care about a Panini product. No unlicensed product has ever been embraced by collectors and I don't see that ever changing.

I'll admit though, I WISH you were onto something and there were se other it that might retain collector's attention!

No unlicensed product has done all that well because most of it focuses on rookies. Which is something a lot of collectors don't bother with. But Panini had done some decent stuff this year.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I got one box and LOVED the inserts but the basic card design is ugly. the clear insert are SWEET looking. I love the Museum collection. Reminds me of the old 7 by 10 zenith ones...Oh and thanks for keeping up with the artist proofs!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
No unlicensed product has done all that well because most of it focuses on rookies. Which is something a lot of collectors don't bother with. But Panini had done some decent stuff this year.

Disagree. Unlicensed products have been around forever and there has never really been any interest. I think Mother's Cookies Griffey Jr. cards went through the roof at one point, but that was short lived. No logo, no interest (more or less... I realize there has been the rare blip on the screen). Logo-less cards are nothing new and collectors have never been big fans of them... At least not the ones I've interacted with.

I will agree that some of the cards look nice and the inserts that were a hit in the past can certainly be a hit again. I just believe it would be much better received by the majority of those in the hobby if it had logos and Panini had an MLB license. Hopefully that happens again soon as the Topps only experiment really isn't serving the collecting community too well.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Disagree. Unlicensed products have been around forever and there has never really been any interest. I think Mother's Cookies Griffey Jr. cards went through the roof at one point, but that was short lived. No logo, no interest (more or less... I realize there has been the rare blip on the screen). Logo-less cards are nothing new and collectors have never been big fans of them... At least not the ones I've interacted with.

I will agree that some of the cards look nice and the inserts that were a hit in the past can certainly be a hit again. I just believe it would be much better received by the majority of those in the hobby if it had logos and Panini had an MLB license. Hopefully that happens again soon as the Topps only experiment really isn't serving the collecting community too well.

To further your point, the Mothers Cookies cards were licensed and had logos. Nabisco, Post, Hostess.....those were just curiosities and player collector padding

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts