Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collection to raise money in memory of Kevin (Pinbreaker) wife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys,

The FCB community has been saddened that one of our best, Kevin, (pinbreaker) lost his wife to Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy recently. Those who knew Kevin knew what an amazing person she was, and how special their relationship was.

A number of members in the community have expressed a desire to make a contribution in her memory. Obviously anyone who would like should feel free to make a direct donation to a charity they feel appropriate, but as a group FCB and its members are going to try to put together some money and make a donation together.

For anyone interested, I will be collecting donations for a little while and then will send it out to the Muscular Dystrophy Association as per Kevin's wishes.

Anyone looking to donate please send me a pm. I will update this post with a list of the donations. (If you want to donate anonymously let me know and I'll list is as an anonymous donation, but I want to have all donations accounted for and visible so that everything is as transparent as possible.)

Donations:

Pine Tar: $50
Topnotchsy: $20
Junior Griffey: $20
magicpapa: $20
gmsieb: $20
Resident Bay Fan $20
sjrmn91: $15
Philip J. Fry: $15
Nate Colbert 17: $75
A_Pharis: $20
Syd Barrett: $10
MansGame: $10
wildcat4: $10
MisterT: $20
phillyfan0417: $50
Anonymous: $10
trizzo22: $25
Dano7: $25
All In Cards: $36
Jack London: $10
Nosterbor: $10
joey12508: $20
jimmyjam1973: $10.07
Erich860: $20
Nikobaseball: $50

Total: $591.07

Last edited:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Obviously I'm biased, but I feel like we should try and get it into Muscular Dystrophy research, but I'm down for $10 to wherever.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Obviously I'm biased, but I feel like we should try and get it into Muscular Dystrophy research, but I'm down for $10 to wherever.

Syd,

My assumption is that that is the direction we will go. My only thought was if Kevin had a specific charity or organization that he felt most attached to, it would be great for him to make the final decision.

To everyone who sent pm's, I'm going to start going through them now, so you should be getting a message shortly, and I will update the first thread keeping tabs as the donations come in.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Syd,

My assumption is that that is the direction we will go. My only thought was if Kevin had a specific charity or organization that he felt most attached to, it would be great for him to make the final decision.

To everyone who sent pm's, I'm going to start going through them now, so you should be getting a message shortly, and I will update the first thread keeping tabs as the donations come in.

Of course, I think Kevin should get the final say, send me a message with your PayPal and I will get you $10.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Updated the first thread. Really inspired by the generosity going on.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning..

Lots of generosity by the members here on FCB..

The charity is Muscular Dystrophy as expected and I know there are some members on here that have a form of MD (there are now 84 different types) and some family members as well..

Diseases | MDA

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers and your donations..

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Good morning..

Lots of generosity by the members here on FCB..

The charity is Muscular Dystrophy as expected and I know there are some members on here that have a form of MD (there are now 84 different types) and some family members as well..

Diseases | MDA

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers and your donations..

Definitely so many others, both here and elsewhere, whose lives are effected by this.

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Updated with a few more donations.

Members online