Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 MLB: The Happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Well, it looks like Tatis is out of the NL ROY conversations....and not just because Alonso tied the NL rookie HR record and will set a new one any day now....but because is he is likely done for the season according to Andy Green.

You can pretty much crown Pete Alonso as NL ROY right now.

And if Mike Soroka keeps up the good work he may very well pass Tatis as the runner-up. That is, assuming he doesn't suffer a season ending injury too.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
PLAYOFF BASEBALL!

Who you got in the wildcard games?

I'm going Rays over A's and Nats over Brewers.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Division Series starting in just a couple of hours, with all four series being played tomorrow. I am excited for each series and I can't wait to see some of the biggest players in the game on the biggest stage.

My picks for each:

Astros over the Rays
Yankees over the Twins
Braves over the Cardinals
Nationals over the Dodgers

Who ya got?

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'm the opposite...I'm thinking A's and Brewers. Although I think Rays/Yankees in the ALCS would be great baseball.

Well...looks like I should buy a lottery ticket...:lol:

I'm going with:
Rays over Astros
Yankees over Twins
Braves over Cardinals
Nationals over Dodgers

I'd love to see the Nats win it all just to be a slap in Harper's face.

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I'm going with:

Rays over Astros

I like the Rays but I just couldn't get there. The Astros are historically deep. From this season; they have two CY candidates, a MVP candidate, and the likely ROY.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Hell of a game pitched by Glasnow. No shame in giving up a two run shot to a former MVP. Earlier in the game I was amazed that Altuve was able to even make contact on a near 100 MPH fastball down at his feet.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Fantastic weekend of playoff baseball. Another day of all four division series matchups playing, all with the possibility of being closed out. My take is that the Astros and Yankees close out and that the Cardinals and Nationals extend their series to deciding game fives.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Ahhh, baseball is being talked about on this thread. I hadn't checked out anything but my Braves thread since the postseason began due to a loss in the family. During all the doom and gloom I've only had the enthusiasm to post in there.

But time heals all wounds and so does a Braves postseason series lead...which the Braves haven't had since 2001, a world record in fact. So here's my picks

NLCS: Braves over Dodgers in four games
ALCS: Astros over Yankees in five games
World Series: Braves over Astros in four games

No bias whatsoever ;)

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
A very poor showing by the Braves yesterday, the least interesting playoff game in recent memory. The game was over before the completion of the top of the first, just shocking. The middle of the Braves order had little impact throughout the series and it was really disappointing to see.

And then the evening game and another disappointing loss for the home crowd. I didn't like the approach by either the Dodgers or the Nationals after pulling their starters. This time it worked for the Nationals bringing in Corbin but for the Dodgers to pitch Kershaw with the depth they had on the bench was just perplexing. It's great to see the Nationals making it to the championship series and personally I'd like to see them in the World Series.

Do the Rays shock the Astros today? Regardless, Yankees fans have got to be pleased with the way this is playing out for them. Extra rest for their starters and the ability to set their rotation anyway they choose, along with no extra travel.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
A very poor showing by the Braves yesterday, the least interesting playoff game in recent memory. The game was over before the completion of the top of the first, just shocking. The middle of the Braves order had little impact throughout the series and it was really disappointing to see.

And then the evening game and another disappointing loss for the home crowd. I didn't like the approach by either the Dodgers or the Nationals after pulling their starters. This time it worked for the Nationals bringing in Corbin but for the Dodgers to pitch Kershaw with the depth they had on the bench was just perplexing. It's great to see the Nationals making it to the championship series and personally I'd like to see them in the World Series.

Do the Rays shock the Astros today? Regardless, Yankees fans have got to be pleased with the way this is playing out for them. Extra rest for their starters and the ability to set their rotation anyway they choose, along with no extra travel.

I couldn’t be any happier with the results of the Braves/Cardinals and Dodgers/Nationals games.

It’s literally the best thing ever.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
And I really hope the Rays win today.

I had the Rays going into the playoffs as my #3 ranked team, and I still think they are an elite team.... just have the Stros as #1 still, Val Venis is simply amazing. Its unfortunate this can't be the WS matchup, which would easily be possible if HOU stayed in NL.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Championship Series time!

I think with the way the Rays played against the Astros, that shifted the advantage this round to the Yankees in this series. With that said, I'll take the Yankees in five games.

The series between the Cardinals and the Nationals is a toss up to me, but I give the advantage to the Nationals with their rotation advantage. With that said, I'll take the Nationals in seven.

Looking forward to some great baseball.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Congratulations to the Nationals and their fans, they will have their hands full with either the Astros or the Yankees but I would love to see them win one.

I must say that the Cardinals played worse than any LCS team in recent memory. Their hitting was atrocious and in the field their play was embarrassing.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
World Series game 1 in the books! Huge pitching matchup and a huge victory for the Nationals. Now let's see if the Nationals can do what the Yankees could not, take the first two games from the home team. Strasburg vs. Verlander should be another instant classic.

Members online

Latest posts