Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If your team could unload one big contract this off season....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Which player would it be?

I'm pretty sure just about every Yankee fan would have said Alex Rodriguez to this question last year. But probably not any more.

As a Yankee fan, I'd say CC only because I think Ellsbury still has plenty in the tank.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Michael Morse.

$7.5 million got us 5 homers and 19 RBI

$8.5 million should get us 5.67 homers and 21.5 RBI next year

$9.4 million also got us 4 wins, 10 losses and a 5 ERA from Latos. He's a free agent next year, thank god.

Other than Stanton, there's an inverse correlation between salary and performance in Miami. Most of the good players make under $2.5 million a year, and most of the lousy players make $5 million plus

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Panda... after suffering through a season of his swinging at every pitch he see's I can't understand why the Red Sox coveted him so much.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Phillies, obviously Howard but also Ruiz. Way too much for backup. Totally dis-agreed with re-signing Chooch, J-Rol and Utley.

A's, Butler. Only big contract they have...

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
There are a few rough ones on the Twins, but if you had to pick one I think everybody would agree on Ricky Nolasco. Signed him to a 4 year, $49 million dollar contract and through 2 years he is 11-14 with an ERA of 5.38 in 2014 and 6.75 in 2015.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Definitely Ellsbury. What a waste. 1 good career year (he'll never come close to the homers totals again) got him all that $

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Reds - Bruce (someone will overpay for a power hitting lefty). Also Cozart, not a huge cap hit but he's worthless and Suarez filled in great for him at about 10% the cost.
[MENTION=3164]jbhofmann[/MENTION] - only reason I disagree on Bailey is that pitching rotation needs someone with some senior leadership. All those rookies might have a lot of potential but without someone providing some stability I don't see them developing much.

Members online