Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player/Team Hoarders Helping other Hoarders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Bump. Anyone else want in? I have been sorting through a collection I got last week and have some stack for the player hoarders started.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I definitely be game as well...already have a pile started for Hawk w Dawson and plenty more I can find as well as I just finished sorting my other cards by team. Not sure how consistent I can be after the initial wave as I don't really buy boxes/packs anymore, but I definitely have some available now.

I hoard Doerr obviously, but will always accept Lance Niekro and Matt Joyce as well ;)

Thanks,
Jeff

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I definitely be game as well...already have a pile started for Hawk w Dawson and plenty more I can find as well as I just finished sorting my other cards by team. Not sure how consistent I can be after the initial wave as I don't really buy boxes/packs anymore, but I definitely have some available now.

I hoard Doerr obviously, but will always accept Lance Niekro and Matt Joyce as well ;)

Thanks,
Jeff

Cool. I will put you down for the guys you listed.

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Possible Idea, Get 1 big box, get a shipping order and just ship the box around the us. So the first person could add stuff for the nest person in line, and add some stuff for the other people. Then when you receive the box, you take out what you want and you put in something for everyone else in the group....Idk just an idea lol

-Kyle

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Add me for these
K wong
S piscotty
M carpenter
J garcia

St cards

Kc chiefs
Alex smith

-Kyle

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
When is everyone going to start sending things out? I can send out a few today as I already have them separated

Thanks,
Jeff

I would suggest folks reach out to each other via a message. At least do it that way with me. I have tons of cards of many teams, but some teams I won't have any as I already participate in a Team Collectors group on another site. Also since many are player collectors, it might be tough for folks to have a significant amount of one player. Always best to check with someone if you are expecting something back. I personally will send what I got to whomever with nothing in return expected, but know that does not always work for everyone.

I have already been communicating with Yanks2151 about a trade.

Happy to see this site doing something like this. A few of us tried a few years back but couldn't get it going. Seems most folks are prospect driven versus a team or player. Perfectly OK, but does not match up well with us Team Collectors!

Happy Friday everyone.

Wayne

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I agree with Wayne. As it stands right now I am putting Cubs to the side right now for BenG76 and the teams I coordinated with CT Sox Fan for our trade. Please reach out to me first so I can be sure I'm able to complete a trade with your needs. Kevin in CT.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
When is everyone going to start sending things out? I can send out a few today as I already have them separated

Thanks,
Jeff

I plan to send some stuff out soon myself but I have a bit more sorting to do. I hope this is something we can keep ongoing for a while.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I would suggest folks reach out to each other via a message. At least do it that way with me. I have tons of cards of many teams, but some teams I won't have any as I already participate in a Team Collectors group on another site. Also since many are player collectors, it might be tough for folks to have a significant amount of one player. Always best to check with someone if you are expecting something back. I personally will send what I got to whomever with nothing in return expected, but know that does not always work for everyone.

I have already been communicating with Yanks2151 about a trade.

Happy to see this site doing something like this. A few of us tried a few years back but couldn't get it going. Seems most folks are prospect driven versus a team or player. Perfectly OK, but does not match up well with us Team Collectors!

Happy Friday everyone.

Wayne

I like this idea the best. You should contact the person you plan to help out or trade with. That is what I will be doing.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
This is an excellent idea! I have quite a few boxes of players like those listed above that I've been wanting to find a good home for. Count me in.

I don't want to overdo my list, but here are the main guys I collect who'd be reasonable player candidates for something like this: Lou Whitaker, U L Washington, and Mo Vaughn. If that should be whittled down to one, Whitaker is the guy. Or if someone else interested collects any of those guys, I'd say send the cards to them.

Pete

Pete - have these two Vaughns - let me know/PM me if you're interested and I'll send them your way:

I thought about adding my name to the list but the players I collect are more popular than guys like Dawson, Mcgriff, Mo Vaughn, etc. I collect about 12 different guys but am looking to narrow it down to Jeter, Rickey Henderson, Mariano Rivera, and a few others. If anyone is interested in working out something, I would love to send a flat rate box in exchange for some of the players I collect. We can do value for value or work something out. I'm sure I have tons of Hershiser, McGriff, Vaughn, Chipper, etc. to make something work with each person. Since Dawson is a HOF, I have been slowly pulling his stuff out. Most of my Chippers are pulled already as well.

Edited to add: I am only looking for one copy of the guys I collect as well but may take duplicates to use as trade bait. I am in the process of making a list of what I have of the players I collect.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Still time to get in? I collect MN Twin's (especially Johan Santana)!

I would also ask that if anyone sends me something, please contact me first and I can verify if I have anything to send in return. Thanks.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Are there any more team collectors who want in. I finally got to sort some cards this weekend and I would love to add another team to make up a package. Anyone?

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I expect to be able to assemble some player / team lots this weekend. This should cover guys like McGriff, Deion, Dawson, O'Neill, Bernie Williams, etc. I'll PM the posters individually when I have the lots ready to go.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Sure, I'd be interested.

I don't see you listed by any player / team above. Who do you collect?

Great!

I only collect Griffey - given that I don't have any duplicates of him or collect other players/teams, I'm refraining from asking to join the group. However, I'll gladly contribute the majority of non-Griffeys I acquire through random box breaks or $1 finds at card shows to you guys here and the Free to a Good Home Thread.

Members online