Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the Red Sox just looking for a fight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I get it. Nobody liked Machado's slide into Pedroia last week. It was late and dangerous, but I don't think anyone thinks he was really trying to hurt him (break up the DP, sure, but not hurt him).

Now, 3 different Sox pitchers have thrown at him. None actually hitting him, but 3 balls at his knees, one at his head and one behind him.

All of which led to this beauty of a post game interview: http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bo...r-chris-sale-throws-behind-him-in-1st-inning/

What do you think? Are they really pissed at him or are they just trying to light a fire to get the team going?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think it's a definite message. It's quite possible that they are using this to rally around but equally important I think they just plain dislike Machado, if Hardy or Trumbo had taken the slide I think it would have been one and done.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
He should have rushed the rubber and taken Sale out at the knees. The exposition of this little saga is getting tiresome. Neither team will brawl, because a bunch of them are friends off the field. I'm guessing at least a couple teammates of mine would call me a ***** to this day for refusing to beanball. Throwing at people is stupid. Strike the MF'er out, Lou Brown-style.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I was watching the game and the RedSUCKS are getting petty with trying to hit someone..

You a re a professional pitcher who can throw the ball 98mph and you could hit and kill someone..

I saw the slide a few weeks ago, but this should have never escalated to the point that it is at now..

Even the RedSucks Fans throwing **** and calling names is getting pathetic..

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't think the Adam Jones incident is related to this. That was an idiot fan(s) doing ignorant things. Not the first, not the last and certainly not unique to Boston.

I get the feeling that some of the players are trying to find an event to catalyze the team around something, anything, to get them out of their offensive slump and they are taking advantage of the slide/Machado to try and get things going.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I actually think that it was payback from Bundy plunking Betts the night before with the 2nd hardest pitch he has thrown this season.
This after the O's said that it was all over.
Showolter has Red Sox envy and anytime he can tweak them, he will.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
The Machado slide was dirty. The Red Sox should have taken care of it on the spot, they didn't and should have moved on from there. This bull**** of throwing at each other is dumb. You want to take it to someone or some team, out perform them on the diamond.

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
It's old now, the Sox need to move past it. You get one attempt to rectify it on his next at bat. If you fail, that's on you and you leave it in the past. Always a classy joint up there...

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
I actually think that it was payback from Bundy plunking Betts the night before with the 2nd hardest pitch he has thrown this season.
This after the O's said that it was all over.
Showolter has Red Sox envy and anytime he can tweak them, he will.

This is exactly what I was thinking. It was over until Bundy plunked Mookie in the 8th inning the night before. I haven't read a single thing about that in all of the talk about the game last night.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
He should have rushed the rubber and taken Sale out at the knees. The exposition of this little saga is getting tiresome. Neither team will brawl, because a bunch of them are friends off the field. I'm guessing at least a couple teammates of mine would call me a ***** to this day for refusing to beanball. Throwing at people is stupid. Strike the MF'er out, Lou Brown-style.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Fear the Teeth

giphy.gif

Members online