Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Group BGS Submission March 2013 - Post Lists Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Thank God!! I always assumed you did and thought that would REALLY suck

I messed around with their online submission form just to see what it would have cost me to do a sub on my own, and the process is just a disaster. Takes 10x as long as it should. I just get them an excel sheet with all my stuff written up, but I usually update that as stuff comes in and goes into my "to BGS" box. But I can only imagine how much longer it would take you to get a sub set if you had to create a sub form for these

Maybe Tuesday!

Last edited:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
My hopes of grades today are slipping away. Pop report hasn't been updated, though that's not always a guarantee one way or the other

Pop reports update overnight. Whenever I'm curious, I always check first thing in the morning.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Pop reports update overnight. Whenever I'm curious, I always check first thing in the morning.

Interesting. I've had them pop during the day when the grades were due before. Maybe that was because it wasn't a regular sub, so when they entered the cards into their system, since i didn't have to fill out a submission form, they already had the grades attached and got uploaded at the same time

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
[MENTION=1848]masonphillip[/MENTION] Any information would be helpful. When was the package received by Beckett? When was it logged in? Do we have a proposed finish time?

Is there a guarantee?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Let me first say that I am appreciative of this service. It is very easy to send the cards to Phil and have him do the work.

That being said, I would appreciate a little openness. I paid for a lot of cards to go 10 days. The cards made it to Phil by the 20th, and today is the 10th, which would be about 16 business days. I understand that it takes time for Phil to do what he needs to do and for the mail to do what it needs to do. I am not at all intending to say anything the least bit negative, I am really not. I'm not upset with the timeframe or where we are. There is no emotion intended in this post, just trying to collect data.

What my intention here is is to find out what the 10 days and 20 days submissions really are with direct to Beckett vs. Phil. I know they get to Phil on the 20th; but I don't know how long it takes for Phil to send them to BGS and then how long it takes BGS to log in. I know that I'm looking at obviously cutting 3-5 days out of the loop at a minimum on the front end by not sending to Phil and sending direct to BGS, as well as 3-5 on the back end. Phil, you've mentioned a "contact" here -- is it the case that due to these consistent bulk gradings, you're dealing with one representative and not dealing with the "order form" online?

When do you send, and how long does it take for Beckett to log in? Do they typically honor the 10 day guarantee?

Again, Phil, I'm not at all angry or upset or trying to cast you in a negative light. I am just trying to figure out if continuing to go through FCB is worthwhile for me, specifically, as from the minimal amount of information, I have before me, from a time standpoint (not necessarily a cost standpoint) the FCB 10 day submission is relatively equivalent to a BGS self-done 20 day submission.

Thank you again for what you do for the board.

Last edited:

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Bob, it's also 10 business days. Today is the 15th business day since March 20. I think that is pretty reasonable considering. BGS counts day 1 as the day they receive the order.

Let me first say that I am appreciative of this service. It is very easy to send the cards to Phil and have him do the work.

That being said, I would appreciate a little openness. I paid (a lot) for a lot of cards to go 10 days. The cards made it to Phil by the 20th, and today is already the 10th. I understand that it takes time for Phil to do what he needs to do. I am not at all intending to say anything the least bit negative, I am really not.

What my intention here is is to find out what the 10 days and 20 days submissions really are with direct to Beckett vs. Phil. I know they get to Phil on the 20th; but I don't know how long it takes for Phil to send them to BGS and then how long it takes BGS to log in. I know that I'm looking at obviously cutting 3-5 days out of the loop at a minimum on the front end by not sending to Phil and sending direct to BGS, as well as 3-5 on the back end. Phil, you've mentioned a "contact" here -- is it the case that due to these consistent bulk gradings, you're dealing with one representative and not dealing with the "order form" online?

When do you send, and how long does it take for Beckett to log in? Do they typically honor the 10 day guarantee?

Again, Phil, I'm not at all angry or upset or trying to cast you in a negative light. I am just trying to figure out if continuing to go through FCB is worthwhile for me, specifically, as from the minimal amount of information, I have before me, from a time standpoint (not necessarily a cost standpoint) the FCB 10 day submission is relatively equivalent to a BGS self-done 20 day submission.

Thank you again for what you do for the board.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Bob, it's also 10 business days. Today is the 15th business day since March 20. I think that is pretty reasonable considering. BGS counts day 1 as the day they receive the order.

I edited my previous post to try to clarify my concerns, but unfortunately you responded/quoted prior to the edits taking hold.

I'm aware that it's 10 business days rather than "weekend/holiday" days. I have no issue or qualms with what has happened to date in this transaction. I'm only trying to collect data. Thank you.

Last edited:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just talked to my contact - there was an error in invoicing the accounts and they were logged as 20 day not 10 day. They are being graded now and sent overnight to me tomorrow so they will be at my house which would be the same time as they would have been has they been invoiced right. In addition we are working out a refund as an make up for each customer that I will detail further later.

Bottom line, You will get cards roughly on time and a refund too.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Just talked to my contact - there was an error in invoicing the accounts and they were logged as 20 day not 10 day. They are being graded now and sent overnight to me tomorrow so they will be at my house which would be the same time as they would have been has they been invoiced right. In addition we are working out a refund as an make up for each customer that I will detail further later.

Bottom line, You will get cards roughly on time and a refund too.

So...will you get the grades for the 10 day as well if they are grading today, or will those post tomorrow? Just so I don't keep refreshing every 10 minutes :)

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Ugh. Well at least grades r coming. Having them a day or two sooner may have let me still catch the Bradley buzz, but hopefully the grades make up for it

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I'm glad about receiving the cards in the same timeframe, but still don't know when we'll be told what the grades are. Will it be this evening/tonight or tomorrow some time? Thanks [MENTION=1848]masonphillip[/MENTION], these guys sure don't make your job easy

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm glad about receiving the cards in the same timeframe, but still don't know when we'll be told what the grades are. Will it be this evening/tonight or tomorrow some time? Thanks [MENTION=1848]masonphillip[/MENTION], these guys sure don't make your job easy

We will see grades tomorrow - I know the process isn't the most fun some times but the grades get done and we are taken care of every time

Members online

No members online now.