Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Johnson thread (11/10 update: '06 Ultimate Quad auto & '10 TTT Booklet auto)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I've added a ton more, since my last postings, especially April of '14, so trying to get back into updating everyone, even though nobody cares.

Enjoy !

#'d/5

#'d/50

#'d/50. $.99 + shipping :p

#'d/29

#'d/10

#'d/25 (5th copy)

#'d/3

#'d/3

#'d/9 (3rd copy)

#'d/10 (3rd one I've ever seen, 2nd copy I own)

#'d 1/1

#'d 1/1. Been looking for this one for 5 years. Showed up in Japan / Taiwan. Spent more than I wanted, but, it's home where it's always belonged.

#'d/10. Saw this at Nats '11. This was on the Sunday, before [MENTION=4311]Zeeck[/MENTION] & I were going to head to the Reds / Cubs game. Nearly the last table we went to. Asked the dealer how much he wanted for his copy of the card. He said, "$600". My jaw dropped, hit the floor and shattered into a billion pieces. I said, shockingly, "$600 ??? Seriously ?" He said, "The lowest I could go is $500. That's a good price, considering all the pitchers on the card are young stars and are only going to get better". 5 years later, this '$500' card cost me less than $70 dlvd. Color me beyond excited !

Copy #60 or so.

#'d/99 (copy #8 or so)

#'d/35 (copy #7 or so)

#'d/50 (copy #7 )

#'d/199. I think I'm up to 15 copies of these.

Oddball that I just HAD to have. Have never seen it before, either.

#'d/10 (2nd or 3rd copy)

#'d/25

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I missed seeing your updates too. One of the most complete collections out there.

Although I do understand the sentiment about updating but no one caring :)

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Great stuff ! And I care :wink:

Ryan

Thanks Ryan ! I've gotten so much since the last post, but just haven't had the ambition to take the pics and deal with a glitchy, slow as hell Photobucket to post more. Doesn't help that JJ's are is made of uncooked Ramen :(

Agreed. Glad to see this thread again. Keep it up.

Thank ya ! More will be coming soon. Not anything super duper like this post, but some nice treasures none-the-less.

Awesome stuff, keep posting

Thanks Dustin ! It's always a struggle coming up with stuff that folks even would want to cast their gaze upon these days ...

Great stuff! I'm sure you've said it before, just curious why you collect him. I always like to hear the story behind the collection

I had a long drawn out response and the ****ing thing **** out on me and erased everything ... so here's the shortened response; he was born in MN. I live in MN. I love the Marlins, especially in rebuilding times, as I love prospects and weeding out the riff-raff from the solid guys. I collected mainly football, and had started dabbling with baseball (Uggla & McLouth) in late '07 / early '08, but needed a pitcher to collect. Debated about Anibal Sanchez, but then won a JJ / Dontrelle '07 UD Premier Dual Patch /10 for $.99 + $5 shipping (from Canada) and that's how it started. With all my collections, I try to acquire as many cards as possible, even 60 copies worth. It's just how I collect. So, with JJ rehabbing from TJ surgery, it was easy to pick his stuff up for cheap, plus, he has a lot of patches from the Marlins days, and those are all mostly gorgeous.

I've sold 1 card of his. Just one, and there were a few provisions about me selling it. All those provisions were met and it helped a fellow FCB member and good friend complete a nearly impossible set. But there's been so many times I could've sold a ton of his cards and just haven't. So, there's, I guess, the cliff notes version of why I collect JJ.

I missed seeing your updates too. One of the most complete collections out there.

Although I do understand the sentiment about updating but no one caring :smile:

I need to go and scour your thread. I always love leafing through your acquisitions !!

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Some that came in. Thanks to Dustin ( [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] ) for a couple of the Buybacks he found at Nats:

#'d/62

#'d/25

#'d/25

#'d/159

#'d/1

#'d/6

Seller on the card above said (after I offered him $55 dlvd for it to end the auction) "I have way more into it then that". Well, I got it for about $25 shipped :p

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Some that came in. Thanks to Dustin ( @Hawk8 ) for a couple of the Buybacks he found at Nats:

#'d/62

#'d/25

#'d/25

#'d/159

#'d/1

#'d/6

Seller on the card above said (after I offered him $55 dlvd for it to end the auction) "I have way more into it then that". Well, I got it for about $25 shipped :p

Awesome pick ups!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] I was lucky enough to buy that one card from Dave. I gifted him a 2010 Red Ink and bought him the next 2009 Red Ink that hit eBay to replace the one I bought. Since it was only found in a RIP card the 2009 JJ was tougher to find. It was one of the last 3 cards I needed to finsish the 70 card 2009 Red Ink set /10.

Here is the one I bought from the mighty PC

Last edited:

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
It couldn't have a better home with a better person. So glad we struck a deal and glad it ended up with you, George !

@AnthonyCorona I was lucky enough to buy that one card from Dave. I gifted him a 2010 Red Ink and bought him the next 2009 Red Ink that hit eBay to replace the one I bought. Since it was only found in a RIP card the 2009 JJ was tougher to find. It was one of the last 3 cards I needed to finsish the 70 card 2009 Red Ink set /10.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] I was lucky enough to buy that one card from Dave. I gifted him a 2010 Red Ink and bought him the next 2009 Red Ink that hit eBay to replace the one I bought. Since it was only found in a RIP card the 2009 JJ was tougher to find. It was one of the last 3 cards I needed to finsish the 70 card 2009 Red Ink set /10.

Good story! I like the attitude of guys on this board which is y its the one I'm most active on

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Here's a few more trinkets that have rolled in last month or so:

#'d/100

#'d/99

#'d/25

#'d/25

Stated Print Run /10

#'d/199

#'d/10 Copy #2 or 3

#'d/99 Copy #7 or 8

#'d/1

#'d/50 Copy #7 or 8

#'d/15 Copy #2 or 3

#'d/10 Copy #2 or 3

#'d/60 Copy #3

#'d/25 Copy #4 or 5

#'d/50

Tfangman

Jun 4, 2015
Great stuff! This is one of my favorite threads (along with the 90s inserts) and wish it was something you updated daily. I gotta ask and maybe I missed it but how do you store/organize the JJs??

Members online