Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any news on 2013 Wrestling product?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
BG any news on a follow up Wrestling set for this year? Is it gonna happen. Or you gonna hold off and do one down road in 2014.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
BG is their going to be some kind of tweak on front of the cards to set them apart for Original 2012 release? I hope so.

Is it going to be all new signers or some guys that signed in 2012 set.

Any new version planned with backgrounds, or is it going to be layed out same with black, blue, red, yellow backgrounds and plates.

Any hints on who is confirmed for checklist, also any cuts planned.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Tag team duals and a few 1/1 deceased cuts to chase would just about put it over the top! Just started picking up a few singles from 2012 but I would be more into them if the next artist uses a slightly more realistic style (not that 2012 was horrible, just....meh)

krayzie83

Oct 13, 2012
Any news, teasers, previews or possible release date on the next Leaf Originals Wrestling release? Lots of good names signing this summer, really hope to see The Ultimate Warrior and Lita amongst countless others in the next release!

krayzie83

Oct 13, 2012
Finally a little Leaf Originals second series eye candy... They look amazing! Really hoping for an Ultimate Warrior sighting but in the mean time I'll be drooling over the Hollywood Hogan and ECW legends! Love the new artists work!

h5tx.jpg

ysk7.jpg

krayzie83

Oct 13, 2012
Btw, Steve Stanley is the new artist for this release. The guy has an amazing portfolio and obviously skills, very solid sign by Leaf! This guys work rivals if not exceeds the SportsKings artist imo.

Bradu

Steve Stanley had some of the best drawings in Leaf Best of Hockey IMO. I'd love to work on a classic wrestling set! I was a huge wrestling fan as a kid, and even though I haven't followed any wrestling since the mid-80's, I still find myself reminiscing about those old days. In fact just over the summer I watched a ton of old NWA/WCW matches on youtube!

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Steve Stanley had some of the best drawings in Leaf Best of Hockey IMO. I'd love to work on a classic wrestling set! I was a huge wrestling fan as a kid, and even though I haven't followed any wrestling since the mid-80's, I still find myself reminiscing about those old days. In fact just over the summer I watched a ton of old NWA/WCW matches on youtube!

Same here! I grew up on World Class, NWA, WWF, AWA, and UWF during the 80s. I don't watch anymore but I find myself going to YouTube often to watch old clips. I especially loved the Von Erichs, Freebirds, Roddy Piper, Gino Hernandez and Chris Adams.

I love the art for the new wrestling set!

Bradu

I loved the Von Erichs too, but I didn't get to see them much. I had WWF and NWA/WCW on regularly in my area, and any time I got to see any other promotions was a real treat. I remember at my Grandparents for whatever reason they got whatever promotion the Von Erichs were on. So that was cool to get to see those guys, cause I normally just got to read about them.

I have a very specific memory of the barefoot Kevin Von Erich who was the champion at the time, losing convincingly in a non-title match to a new musclebound freak....the Dingo Warrior. Who of course later went on to become the Ultimate Warrior.

I especially loved the bleeders, many of whom I rarely got to see. Tully Blanchard, Dusty Rhodes, Bruiser Brody, Abdullah the Butcher, Manny Fernandez, and Kevin Sullivan who were some guys I always liked because of their rugged style.

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
I believe Kevin Von Erich lost the Texas title to the Dingo Warrior. Kevin would always wrestle barefoot and that was pretty much what he was famous for. I grew up in Dallas so I got to attend events at the Sportatorium all the time. I consider myself lucky for that. I also got to meet a lot of World Class wrestlers, including Kerry.

WWF and NWA were my 2 other favorite promotions, although I did really like AWA and UWF, and occasionally I'd get to see wrestling from Portland when they'd show it (mostly reruns). I remember seeing Playboy Buddy Rose and Col. DeBeers before they became famous, as well as Piper and Valentine.