Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buying World Series Tickets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Any suggestions on where to buy World Series tickets? I checked Stubhub, but they're marked up far too much than what I'm looking for. I'm willing to pay $150-200, but I don't know where to look for that range.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Since you are looking for Cardinals tickets in St. Louis, I presume, be prepared to pay through the nose. My only advice is to wait until the night before the game to start looking unless you can get lucky and find one in your price range. In 2010, I looked for tickets to games 3, 4, or 5 in Texas with the stipulation that it had to be under $200 and I had to have a seat (no standing room only tickets). I had no luck for games 3 and 4 but was able to find a seat for $179 the night before game 5 (where I got to see the Giants clinch which was kinda cool since I wasn't really a fan of either team). In 2011, I couldn't find a seat for under $300 (since it was looking like the Rangers just might win that series -- you know how that went). Camp out on stubhub and you might get lucky but until the AL opponent is established the prices probably won't come down. I would think you'd probably want to hope the Tigers come back and win that series since there probably aren't quite as many Tigers fans in the area as there are Red Sox fans but I could be mistaken.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Thanks for the responses. I'll be looking around and keeping my hopes up. But I'll probably end up shelling some more cash than I would like if I have to.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm in the same boat.

I'm looking for game 5, but I'm not paying $360 a ticket for standing room only, which is what's on stubhub right now.

I'll just not go before I pay that much.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I am going to go out on a limb and say the price range you are looking to buy tickets for are probably at or below face value. World Series tickets are usually pretty pricey and it is rare that you can get them at face. I did a Google search to see if I can find face value pricing for the World Series but didnt have much luck. Good luck but I really do believe that at your price you might be lucky to get SRO. I hope I am wrong.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I am going to go out on a limb and say the price range you are looking to buy tickets for are probably at or below face value. World Series tickets are usually pretty pricey and it is rare that you can get them at face. I did a Google search to see if I can find face value pricing for the World Series but didnt have much luck. Good luck but I really do believe that at your price you might be lucky to get SRO. I hope I am wrong.

Yes, that is face value for most seats. I'm looking at standing room, and I'm hopeful to find SRO around $200. I'll probably have to throw down at least $300, but I didn't know if there were any tricks to or places to find them with less than a 5x markup. Oh well. Money is just money.

mchenrycards

Yes, that is face value for most seats. I'm looking at standing room, and I'm hopeful to find SRO around $200. I'll probably have to throw down at least $300, but I didn't know if there were any tricks to or places to find them with less than a 5x markup. Oh well. Money is just money.

I guess I look at it this way. How many times will you ever get a chance to go to a World Series game. I have been to a number of post season and All Star games but never a World Series game. If you get the chance, can get seats (or SRO) for decent money and it wont cost you your rent or car payment then why not. As long as you can afford it then you should go for it. Just remember to take pictures and post them here.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I guess I look at it this way. How many times will you ever get a chance to go to a World Series game. I have been to a number of post season and All Star games but never a World Series game. If you get the chance, can get seats (or SRO) for decent money and it wont cost you your rent or car payment then why not. As long as you can afford it then you should go for it. Just remember to take pictures and post them here.

if you're a Cardinals fan you get a chance every 2-3 years, we're incredibly spoiled

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I remember looking for World Series tickets in 03 before Bartman and there was no way I was going to be able to afford a single ticket. Not willing to spend at least $2,000 on a ticket, I was going to be outside Wrigley for the celebration, but things did not turn out in my favor as every one is aware of.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Bartman rules.Maybe someday Topps could pry him out of asylum.With all the other oddball cards they make he would fit in well in Allen & Ginter.

mchenrycards

Bartman rules.Maybe someday Topps could pry him out of asylum.With all the other oddball cards they make he would fit in well in Allen & Ginter.

I work with him and he isnt going to be pried loose by anyone or anything. No amount of money is going to do it. He still has reporters hiding in the parking lot waiting for him but he now works from home so they wont be finding him.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
In 2004 and 2007 it was cheaper for someone to fly to the games in Colorado and buy a ticket to away games than it was to get a seat at Fenway.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
You could wait until the day of the game or a few days before and look around on craigslist, stubhub and stuff. I mean when it is 25 degrees and raining or something stupid people just really don't care about going. But no you are probably not finding them between 150 and 200. From being there the other night when they clinched people are very excited about this year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I work with him and he isnt going to be pried loose by anyone or anything. No amount of money is going to do it. He still has reporters hiding in the parking lot waiting for him but he now works from home so they wont be finding him.

Supposedly, years ago some ESPN writer tracked him down and briefly spoke to him.Wonder what a Bartman/Alou/Castillo triple autograph go for?

Members online