Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boomerang Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
When I sold out of virtually everything and looked to get a few of my favorites back, I checked eBay only to find one of the cards I wanted was gone. I reached out to the buyer and even with a generous offer, we couldn't get a deal done. A month or so later, it was on eBay at auction with a different seller, and I was able to secure it! It took three different sellers, but eventually it came back to me :)

20190125_131349.jpg

Have you ever had a boomerang card before? A card that you picked up, sold/traded away and came back to you? What was it, and does the back story enhance the enjoyment you have of it?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have been selling some pc cards for awhile. Retired newer cards i need were few and far between, frees me up for other things. i let this go a while ago
seen it on ebay yada yada.

MTc8QmQ.jpg

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
When I sold out of virtually everything and looked to get a few of my favorites back, I checked eBay only to find one of the cards I wanted was gone. I reached out to the buyer and even with a generous offer, we couldn't get a deal done. A month or so later, it was on eBay at auction with a different seller, and I was able to secure it! It took three different sellers, but eventually it came back to me :)

Have you ever had a boomerang card before? A card that you picked up, sold/traded away and came back to you? What was it, and does the back story enhance the enjoyment you have of it?

A psychologist would have a field day with you, and I say that in the nicest possible way.

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
A psychologist would have a field day with you, and I say that in the nicest possible way.

I'm a 38 year old in love with baseball cards - what else would you expect? :D

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
One that comes to mind is the 2007 UD Spectrum Blue Die-cuts Brian Roberts 1/1. I kept wanting to make a jersey-serial-numbered set, and that was one that I thought was feasible, though the cards are only mildly attractive. I bought several of the low-numbered ones, including the Roberts, who was the only 1/1 in the set, but quickly gave up. I had missed the release of the set, which wasn't broken very heavily, and it seemed pointless and impossible. So I dumped most of it. Then a while later another person who also looked like they had attempted the set and gave up listed a bunch, including the Roberts. So I scooped it up again.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
I sold this on October 1 2018 because I had decided no more stickers or unlicensed cards in my McGwire auto collection. The buyer listed it for sale again a few weeks ago for $500 OBO. I offered $300 and he accepted, so now it has returned home. With the incredible patches I will have a hard time selling it again. 20190128_114615.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Yup. Sold it after Span was traded from the Twins, picked it up about a year ago after deciding to go after some Twins patches. Can't remember what I bought with the money the first time I sold it, but I figured I had a game used jersey with 10 buttons already or so. Glad to have it back now

HVRMRfB.jpg

Latest posts