Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1994 UD Electric Diamond Silver Back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Beckett added the Silver Back versions of the 1994 UD Electric Diamond set. Does anyone have any information or intel on this sub-set or why Beckett did this? Does anyone have a card in this set? I feel like this is one of those odd ball type stuff or error cards which have found their way onto the player checklists. Frustrating because I am sure whoever has these has NO idea they have one and not sure how to even locate one unless you watch COMC all the time who has nice scans of cards front/back.

Thanks for any thoughts or intel. I am obviously looking for the Albert Belle #131.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Beckett added the Silver Back versions of the 1994 UD Electric Diamond set. Does anyone have any information or intel on this sub-set or why Beckett did this? Does anyone have a card in this set? I feel like this is one of those odd ball type stuff or error cards which have found their way onto the player checklists. Frustrating because I am sure whoever has these has NO idea they have one and not sure how to even locate one unless you watch COMC all the time who has nice scans of cards front/back.

Thanks for any thoughts or intel. I am obviously looking for the Albert Belle #131.

http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1994_Upper_Deck#Sliver_Back_Variations

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I’ve actually been looking into this set recently as well as I near the final 5 for one of my side player collections. Was aware of the Baseball cardpedia article on them and was surprised that Beckett added my player to the checklist as it doesn’t match up with what’s on COMC/eBay and the article.

Very frustrating...noticing a lot more errors in the last couple years with the Beckett checklists for some reason (players not in set listed, wrong serial # listed, etc.) but they have been doing a better job for the most part of adding in these variations and subsets.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Kz4JIA4.jpg

9Jsq6ty.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I’ve actually been looking into this set recently as well as I near the final 5 for one of my side player collections. Was aware of the Baseball cardpedia article on them and was surprised that Beckett added my player to the checklist as it doesn’t match up with what’s on COMC/eBay and the article.

Very frustrating...noticing a lot more errors in the last couple years with the Beckett checklists for some reason (players not in set listed, wrong serial # listed, etc.) but they have been doing a better job for the most part of adding in these variations and subsets.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I hear you! I actually email Beckett when stuff comes up that I think is a bust or an error. They are pretty good at adjusting checklists and helping to clean up their database... at least I have found that for Belle. Probably had a half dozen cards removed and probably another dozen cards added that I was able to show them I have and verify they are out there, etc.

Anyways, good luck on filling your last few gaps... I will never be there for Belle but always considered getting 90% plus of his cards was like having them all... impossible to get them all when he has nearly 3,000

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Were the rest of the players in that set actually ruled out? [MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION]

I thought 45 had been found, not 45 was the final number that exists?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Were the rest of the players in that set actually ruled out? [MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION]

This might be the case, you are right. It is probably a running list of who they have actually seen/found. That said, I still think Becekett shouldn't add the entire set but that is just IMO.

Jan 14, 2009

45 total affected subjects. Same goes for the base cards of those 45 players. The entire set absolutely DOES NOT EXIST in this variation. The 45 players can be found in the following varieties:

Electric Diamond (bronze back)
Electric Diamond (silver back)
Base card (bronze back)
Base card (silver back)

Now the tricky and much rarer, in-need of further info variety affects the same 45 players (not all 45 confirmed yet) base cards but has a GOLD stat headings back.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Now the tricky and much rarer, in-need of further info variety affects the same 45 players (not all 45 confirmed yet) base cards but has a GOLD stat headings back.

if the list on baseballcardpedia shows all 45 , then i can confirm the base/gold variations include AT LEAST one additional player - i dont have pics and it may take me a while to locate them , but i can confirm 100% that tony gwynn has both bronze and gold backs....(and i THINK i used to have both versions on hand for ryan klesko)

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
if the list on baseballcardpedia shows all 45 , then i can confirm the base/gold variations include AT LEAST one additional player - i dont have pics and it may take me a while to locate them , but i can confirm 100% that tony gwynn has both bronze and gold backs....(and i THINK i used to have both versions on hand for ryan klesko)

Yes, sounds right. I had Klesko, Rickey Henderson and, I believe, Chipper Jones, at various points. The golds seems to fall outside of “the 45” but a handful of E&V collectors confirmed several of the 45 subjects.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Don’t believe there is a Jeter like this though they have it listed like they do. His card was different than what all the other Silver Backs were. And I looked at the 40 that I owned as well as all listed on eBay,and COMC and don’t see how he could have one like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online