Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

=========The Morning Thread=========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Good morning.

Here's a promo card from '96. Many times the backs of these cards are like the normal card, but I suspect this one isn't. So I scanned that, too:

1996UltraPromoPrimeLeatherRipkenFront_zps96ebe890.jpg
1996UltraPromoPrimeLeatherRipkenBack_zpscdc3730c.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Morning all. Awesome "Google Doodle" for today, Jackie Robinson's 94th Birthday!

jackie_robinsons_94th_birthday-1015005-hp.jpg

Local store by me was stocking 2013 Topps yesterday, but I passed on it. Bought a "best of" 2012 blaster instead. Seemed a much better value.

And oh my, one of my white whales got listed last night (and is already over $360). Not sure I can afford this, but I may have to bite the bullet.

$(KGrHqRHJE8FD5l(-eLgBRCVd3(qjg~~60_3.JPG

I saw the Jackie as well, very cool! As for your white whale.... um WOW.... good luck... I know how I would/will feel when I see or ever see a Belle name plate or bat knob spike on eBay...

This arrived yesterday.......I really need to compile the need/have list, I think I am around 25-30% complete for 2008.

2007ChestnutRedInk7_10.jpg

GC - Now that is a freaking sweet card man! Really cool! Def post up your want list....

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Dan - I'm going to be getting ready for the SB! I think I'm going to root for the 49ers... mostly because a friend I grew up with in grade school and high school is starting on the OL... Boone... huge dude and would love to see him win a ring.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Morning all. Right now -20 with the windchill, was around 30 for a couple days, but I knew it wouldn't last.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
G'morn gents & gals!

Nice red auto, George! Always wanted to collect A&G but it's already too big for those who aren't early adopters. >_<

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Brad, in my best Predator voice "DO IT, DO IT NOW"
That would be an unreal addition to an already unreal collection!
There is a Rice and a Parker in that set and I haven't seen either. I wonder if they are still in boxes or in PC's.

You know, I have purchased two cases of that product within the past 4-5 years and I paid $600 for each 10 box case.
I am amazed that boxes rarely show up and when they do, they are vastly overpriced.

GC, nice addition.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys!! Gonna be leaving in an hour and a half to head to see my dad. Get to go spend time in the freezing tundra :lol: I also have a quick question. If I sold some Sports Illustrated magazines, those qualify for media mail which is cheaper right?

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
'morning all. Glad to see everyone's as much a slave to the coffee as I am. Can't remember life without it.

Didn't get the Topps wrappers out till today....sent 3 sets of 10 jumbo wrappers out priority mail. Maybe necessary, maybe not. Figured I'd be safe. Really colorful stuff, bells and whistles, etc....but didn't pull anything great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts