Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

=========== The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Morning guys! For all you married gents, approximately how much did you guys pay for photography/D.Js at your wedding? I'm searching for decent prices now...I understand if I want decent people, I have to pay for them, but I can help but cringe while looking at quotes from people...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Morning guys! For all you married gents, approximately how much did you guys pay for photography/D.Js at your wedding? I'm searching for decent prices now...I understand if I want decent people, I have to pay for them, but I can help but cringe while looking at quotes from people...

$0

:lol:

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Morning fellas. I turned 36 today. So, I called in and slept in a few hours. Wasn't getting up at 3:30 today. Getting ready to go in though.

The upper echelon thread is kicking butt the last few days. There's some awesome stuff flying around.

Happy Birthday, Steve! You share a birthday with my wife, who turned 29 today. I think at your age you deserve not having to get up at that hour, btw (especially on a birthday). Enjoy!

...and good afternoon to everyone else! I'm thrilled because thanks to Lisu I'm a superfractor away from my Scooter Gennett 2012 rainbow. Love those lil BC parallel projects. Such fun.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Happy Birthday Steve!

I busted 2 blasters of Heritage last night. I did get a purple refractor hot box out of one of them. Pretty nice! Don't remember the names but I will post them up tonight in case anyone has a need for them.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

For photography, we were lucky. We have a friend that does it. As far as a DJ, we hooked our laptop to a stereo system and just let people pick and choose from a lineup we created. It was actually a big hit.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
For photography, we were lucky. We have a friend that does it. As far as a DJ, we hooked our laptop to a stereo system and just let people pick and choose from a lineup we created. It was actually a big hit.

We were also lucky and have a friend who had done a few and is a fledgling - but decent - photographer. Regardless, if it's at all possible, I would try to get a friend or even a friend of a friend in order to get the best deal possible. Sounds like common sense but people really overpay on this one.

We didn't splurge on a DJ or band, either, and it worked out GREAT. Before the reception we worked onto an ipod a huge list of the songs we wanted to hear during the reception, so there was never a lull in the music and it was always good. We had a great sound system at our venue so there were no issues. I used to actually work wedding receptions of all shapes and sizes and honestly you can just use that ipod and a single microphone (should you choose to want to make a few announcements or intros) and you'll be golden and please everyone with minimal effort AND minimal cost.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Happy Birthday, Steve! You share a birthday with my wife, who turned 29 today. I think at your age you deserve not having to get up at that hour, btw (especially on a birthday). Enjoy!

...and good afternoon to everyone else! I'm thrilled because thanks to Lisu I'm a superfractor away from my Scooter Gennett 2012 rainbow. Love those lil BC parallel projects. Such fun.

Geez. The way you said that makes it seem like I'm the same age as Barry :)

In all honesty, that's what I said to my wife lol. I'm a very old 36. If my wife wasn't out of town, I'd probably had gotten up and came to work lol.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Happy birthday to your wife also. It seems I share this day with a lot of people.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Geez. The way you said that makes it seem like I'm the same age as Barry :)

Haha, my bad. I'm 33 and look and feel better than I ever have, so I mean nothing more than "Hey, we're not spring chickens anymore but ALL SHOULD PAY HOMAGE if we've been kicking ass for this long and we deserve lil perks like this once a year.

...that and getting up at that hour is just plain wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts