Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Chat is an interesting place....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Wonder why more people don't use it...
chat_zps663413e5.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Miggy always used to get the chat room going but got bashed all the time for it, Not sure why. Even with all Miggys antics he did his small part for Fcb whether good or bad.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Miggy always used to get the chat room going but got bashed all the time for it, Not sure why. Even with all Miggys antics he did his small part for Fcb whether good or bad.

#1 We are on a messageboard where we can chat right here. Why take content away from the forum?
#2 He was told by moderators to cut out his stupid once a day "chat" topics and he ignored them and just kept posting it even if he was not there.
#3 I doubt highly getting 4-5 people off the board and into the chat helped, as the forum was ignored by those members as they chatted and no content was created or added during that time.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] We are on a messageboard where we can chat right here. Why take content away from the forum?
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] He was told by moderators to cut out his stupid once a day "chat" topics and he ignored them and just kept posting it even if he was not there.
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] I doubt highly getting 4-5 people off the board and into the chat helped, as the forum was ignored by those members as they chatted and no content was created or added during that time.

#1 You do not really know what a "chat" is, do you?
#2 The fact that 4-5 people enjoyed his posts, and 100+ people did not care one way or another made it a little harsh to be critical of his once a day posts, and I would hope that the mod staff would agree they flew off the handle on that one. Traffic at 11:00PM-2:00AM (western time) I thought should be able to handle that thread.
#3 You don't really know what a "chat" is.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
#1 You do not really know what a "chat" is, do you?
#2 The fact that 4-5 people enjoyed his posts, and 100+ people did not care one way or another made it a little harsh to be critical of his once a day posts, and I would hope that the mod staff would agree they flew off the handle on that one. Traffic at 11:00PM-2:00AM (western time) I thought should be able to handle that thread.
#3 You don't really know what a "chat" is.

Cleary people being in a chatroom on FCB is going to drive people away from posting on FCB.

Everybody knows that the more time you spend on a website, the less likely you are to contribute.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Miggy sent me messages once and he acted a little...odd. It didn't exactly make me want to go in a chatroom.

As for now, if there's only a few people in there it's awkward. So it's a catch-22, to get more people in the chatroom there has to be more people in the chatroom.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Random chatroom activity is sketchy at best. I feel someone would need to play host, with certain topics scheduled to discuss, and a set time for it so people know when to join in on a conversation they would want to participate with.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Miggy sent me messages once and he acted a little...odd. It didn't exactly make me want to go in a chatroom.

As for now, if there's only a few people in there it's awkward. So it's a catch-22, to get more people in the chatroom there has to be more people in the chatroom.

I can't argue with these points! If there was a +1 emoticon, I'd use it right here_______.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Random chatroom activity is sketchy at best. I feel someone would need to play host, with certain topics scheduled to discuss, and a set time for it so people know when to join in on a conversation they would want to participate with.
All good ideas!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
All it needs is a few people who are able to spearhead the campaign without being annoying or spammy.

Halfway through typing that I realized that it might just be an impossible task.

1 FCB cent for every hour you spend in the chatroom. Do it!

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I would like an active chat with 6+ people. Talking sports, hobby, whatever, it would be fun, great way to get to know other collectors, and would be a draw to fcb.

Members online

Latest posts